Notices

still lost at 30 days

Old 08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still lost at 30 days

Hey want to first send out a big congrats to my girlie Felly!!!!! Congrats on 30 days!!!! whoooohoooo!!! Today is my 30....my first day without my license....I go to court Wedn. at 9 am....my car is broke down....my idiot has no mechanical sense...I myself have been towed home by triple A twice this week, and had to take a cab home last nite...Everything is falling apart....I want to drink...but I wont....I just feel so lost, stuck financially in a marriage that is suffocating me...AA and SR are the only things keeping me afloat...I cant breath!!! and I want to Run!!!!!
Im just trying to take it one minute at a time
Old 08-10-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Just dont drink no matter what. It can always get way worse drinking.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lostgirl,

You are not as lost as you might feel.

You are sober and that is huge.

Try to be patient and you will find your way forward.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like the John Denver quote Anna....Im going to write it in my journal!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Ok, so today is your 30 days too, huh?

I have times when I feel like everything is falling down on me where I want to hide from the world too. But I have to remember, God never gives me more than I can handle.

You mentioned going to Meetings. Get involved! Go early, set up chairs, make coffee, pass out books, ect. Do some service work. When I get the "woo is me's" I get out of myself and help others.

I also make gratitude lists. When I sit down and start writing the things I am grateful for, I get writers's cramps. I don't have a car either, haven't had one, or my license in nearly 10 years. I depend on the kindness of others or the good old bus system. It could be worse, alot worse. I could be using, not have anyone in the world who would want to help me out to take me anywhere but far, far away. I could have no legs to walk to the bus stop, no shoes to wear on my feet, no bus to walk to . . .

I think you get where I'm going. I don't mean to sound harsh, that's not why I'm writing this. I do understand feeling like the world is closing in on me. But things don't have to be that way. Continue to reach out to people in the Program and get involved in the activities.

Sometimes we have to take it minute by minute. . . sure beats drinking though, doesn't it! Send me a PM anytime, I'm here.

God Bless & Hang in there and Congrats on 30 days!
Judy
Old 08-10-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
"Welcome To The Future..."

Congratulations on 30 days LG!!!!

It's good to hear from you, my friend! And even better to hear that you're not drinking!!!! I know things are rough for you right now, but like others here have said it can always get worse; and, YES, drinking will definitely make it worse and not solve a damn thing!

We all face consequences of our actions, both good and bad. I know from experience! So face it head on lg, and be strong! "Accept the things you cannot change. . ." sweetheart--come to peace with it. Things will start to improve. Keep moving forward and staying sober, and good things will soon be coming your way!

Love ya,

butterfly19 (SP)

--a small bouquet of roses for you in honor of your first 30 days!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

We're both lost, Lostgirl, me and you.

But you've got 30 days sober, and as long as you stay sober you can keep finding your way.

One minute at a time, we really can't go much faster than that anyhow.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your 30 days LG

This sober thing invariably comes with little crises and problem and troubles - mostly they're not new, they're the stuff we used to drink over to 'manage' forget or cope.
People deal with this crap everyday but it's really hard for us cos we're just not used to it, especially at 30 days in....

Just do what you're doing - don't drink, don't start the merry go round again, and just do your best - you're in AA? call those numbers and don't forget we're here

Like Anna said - you're sober - that's huge. Just bite off little bite size pieces.
Patience is a b*tch, but it really does get better

D
Old 08-10-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey congratulations on 30 days Rach! I'm sure it would be hard to be in a marriage that you are not happy about and I feel for you. Solving problems one at a time will be a lot easier to do when you are sober. Reach out to the poeple at your AA meetings, I'm sure you'll make some good friends there. Congrats again
Old 08-10-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

30 days ....Congratulations LG!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

30 days of not drinking is a miracle if you are an alcoholic. So take this time to pat yourself on the back for coming so far - you are doing so well!

Yes - life happens around us, even as we trudge along in early sobriety. Listen to those of us who have been there - and who tell you that things do get better. Hang on with all your might and keep doing the do things - before you know it, you'll look back on all of this and you'll be able to share it with another alcoholic - and you'll be able to tell them how you stayed sober through it all.

Congratulations - you've earned it.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You absolutely WILL get through this! If you find that you are having a hard time, why not talk with your doctor and see if there is any medical help you can get as well?

What someone above said is absolutely correct, all of the hard things in life have always occurred, but we were just too numbed to feel them. I think it's like walking into the sun after being in a dark movie theatre...we know that the sun has always been bearable, but those first few minutes outside we feel blinded and overwhelmed by it. This feeling of sobriety and all that life throws at you will become more bearable/manageable over time...but ONLY if you remain sober.

Congratulations on your 30 days, by the way!!! If you think THAT isn't a darn big accomplishment, you're kidding yourself! Heck, if you can get through that, PLUS everything else, there is nothing you can't do!