Notices

Everything happens for a reason.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Everything happens for a reason.

I believe that with every fiber of my being.

Example...First week clean.. Dealer calls me to tell me his brother got locked up. Ok...Thats one person I would have bee around had I been out there.
2 weeks ago....I read in the paper this chick I bought from sometimes was raided. I told her the cops were watching her house. Another mess I could have been caught in.
Today I read yet again another girl I use to hang with all the time and be at her house all the time was arrested on a sale charge. Plus I use to drive her dealer boyfriend all the time. And another dude that be at her house I use to hang with all the time. I most definately would have gotten caught up in that crazy mess.

I got outta there just in time.

I have alot of other reasons why I believe this is true too.
Too many to get into right now. But I sure do have someone looking over me.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your absolutly right. Look at all the good things that have happened since you quite and all the bad things that "could" have happened!!! Not only are you lucky but you do have angels looking after you!!! I'm proud of you dont post often but follow you threads.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I totally agree Chi... The good, the bad.. Though it make some time to figure the reasons out, though, like KJ said. And like you, I believe in that, so many things have happened to me that made sense after a while, it's uncanny. It's not just up in the air, but more like a constant learning experience. Have you heard about synchronicity? To me , that's what it's all about.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yep, I agree! Wow you really did make it out just in time.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

I totally agree. My XABF just got locked up again...has only been out a month after serving 4 months, and his charges are getting worse...I would have been right beside him!

I have no doubt that someone is looking out for us! It's also a good reminder of why we left that crap behind.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-09-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hmmm....i guess i'm a little contrary.....

It seems to me that the belief that someone/thing is looking out for me and that's why I didn't end up in that bad place indicates that someone/thing wasn't looking after the person for whom the bad thing happens.

A guy in a meeting the other day was saying god was with him we he found out he didn't have cancer. Another guy in our group has cancer and will most likely (almost assuredly) die from it soon...was god not with him?

So I tend to believe that what is going on is cause and effect...not just what I create, but the multitude of things that lead to certain cercumstances coming to be.

I was a hostess who became and accountant cause no one else could get along with the boss. I worked hard to get to where I am today with no schooling. But many people worked just as hard as me and are still working behind the grill at a local hamber place at minimum wage. The differrence is simply that I was in a unique place at a unique time that allowed my life to change. My hard work was necessary, but by itself would not have accomplished this. And the woman cooking my hamberger is just as good as me, just as talented as me, and works just as hard as me...the other circumstances simply didn't come together in the same way.

Things happen for a reason. Cause and Effect...non-judgemental, always constant, always evolving.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hmm, interesting ideas here.

I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Your friends got picked up and locked up for a reason. You are safe and free for a reason. But, as Ananda says, god is looking out for all of us.

And, the cancer example is a good one. We are all going to die, it's the only certainty we have in this life. People applaud those who 'win' the battle with cancer, and almost implied in the glory, is that those who lose the battle, didn't fight hard enough. I think it's because things are evolving as they should.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

great thread

just posting to say thanks