Notices

Could do with advice.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Could do with advice.

Hi guys im not sure if i need to be here or not but im concerned. I drink heavilly ONLY on fridays and saturday nights. I drink to the point that i cant remeber the night before and i nowdays my hangovers are so severe i feel like im dying.

I thought i was just being a normal lad and didnt think i was overdoing it. Well this weekend i had a heavy night drinking. Woke up and felt ill all morning then i started to feel strange went to the mirror and noticed i had a red rash on my face. I then turned drip white and my vision went blurred, my heart started racing and i had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance.

My questions are these.

1. does it sound like i need to stop drinking now? imo i should and will
2. was the red rash caused by the alcohol??
3. does any of this sound like its problems with my liver and/or kidneys?
4. at 25 should i really be affetced by any of this?

also ive had problems over the past couple of years i ofter am pale and i swet and overheat a hell of a lot. Im starting to wonder if this is mild withdrawal symptoms..

Ive had tests so its not thyroid problems. ow and i also very rarelly have solid stools .... lol

thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

p.s on a side note i am stopping drinking just in case and want to fix any damage i can so could someone point me in the best direction to fix my liver/kidneys.

thanks guys.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It would really be best to ask a doctor for a complete physical exam as none of us are doctors and couldn't diagnose you long-distance anyway.

But in my opinion you're describing withdrawal from your binges. The feeling like you're going to die describes my horrible hangovers. Actually a hangover is just a form of withdrawal. I think it is good that you are quitting drinking but you should really see a doctor for the tests they can do to see if you've done any damage to your liver etc.

You've come to a good place for support and encouragement. Keep coming back!

:ghug3
Old 08-03-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Obviously we can't give any kind of medical advice on these forums.

Talking to your dr is the best choice you can make.

I hope you stick around and read and learn about recovery.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

"p.s on a side note i am stopping drinking just in case..."

That's what is important. Stop now.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Only you can determine if you have an alcohol problem, however the drinking patterns and the symptoms you describe do not suggest you are a "social" drinker. My suggestion is to go visit your doctor as soon as possible, and obviously quit drinking. You are still young, and if you don't do something now, it's only going to get worse.

You are in the right place, so keep coming back. You will be in my thoughts.

Peace

Tom
Old 08-03-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Certainly you need a medical professional
in order to find out what...if any
damage drinking has done.

25 is a great time to begin your new
healthy sober life....Congratulations!

....Welcome to our recovery community
Old 08-03-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wow...

In my opinion, it's just a matter of time until you drink to ease the hangover on Monday, and then you start the binge on Thursday night, etc etc. I think it's VERY wise that you decided to stop now. It only gets worse if you don't!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

While its good that you only drink two nights a week, you really must think down the road a bit. If you binge that badly, what happens when you increase to 3,4 or 7 nights a week. I would go see your Physician and just tell him/her the 100% truth. Trust me, most Docs have heard a lot worse. I assume the Dr will want to run blood tests to make sure you haven't damaged anything. I learned the hard way that Alcohol treats people different and genetics do play a huge role. Not just with addiction but also how your Liver or other body parts will tolerate alcohol. I have friends that drink way more than me and they are totally fine(for now) whereas Alcohol causes me a lot of abdominal issues. That's why I am trying to get sober right now. Anyway, it's great that you are researching this but make sure you see a Doc. My 2 cents
Old 08-04-2008, 01:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi guys and thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate what you have all been saying and i hope that everything works out well for me and all of you. I am seeing the doctor later today and hopefully he will check my blood and everything will be ok. I am stopping drinking completely regardless of the outcome. After reading some of the posts in this forum and a particular quote thast seems to of been deleted suggesting i may have a liver problem.... after looking into certain problems and finding out that drinking this much can cause life shortening problems ive had quite an eye opener. It might sound a bit melo dramatic but when i was sat in the back of the ambulance with my heart almost explodidng and thoughts rushing through my head about "is this it" etc it kinda gave me a new perspective on life. Im being a bit ott i know but it has affected me.

One thing id like you all to know is that stopping drinking wont be a problem for me, I do reasonably well quitting. I smoked weed for about 8 years which gave me lasting problems..... i managed to stop smoking that on my own because i realised what it was doing, and could do to me. I stopped smoking cigs because i had an eye opener to that tooo. Now it looks like beer is out the window... so fingers crossed i can move on to a healthier happier life. After all, every time i drink lately i wake up having fallen out with my girlfriend cant remember why and need to lay in bed all day to make myself feel any better.....

Come to think of it I AM A BINGE DRINKER. .........

thanks for the advise guys ill drop back and update you when ive been to the docs. Also im a *graphics* and web designer so if you guys need any help with anything to do with your site im happy to offer what i can as a thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear that you have such a positive attitude and I really hope things go well at the drs today.

Sometimes, staying stopped is harder than the actual stopping, so please know that we are here to support you.