Notices

Newbie needing methadone advise

Old 08-01-2008, 12:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie needing methadone advise

Hi...Let me start by explaining my condition...I have severe lower back degenerated disk disease with mild-med the rest the way up to my neck...I also have a bulging disk which pushes against my scaitia nerve and restless leg syndrome. I have been on 10mgs 4x a day of methadone and 350mg 3x a day of soma for approx 5-6yrs all the while trying different alternatives (nerve blocks, epidurals, physical therapy,etc) to try and avoid surgery. I am only 40yrs old and this all started happening 10yrs ago. I was seeing a pain mgmt clinic to get my meds and injections when the doc finally said, surgery is the final option. I was in the process of getting it started when I got pregnant. The pain mgmt center dropped me immediatly saying they dont treat pregnant women. Told me to detox myself with what medication I had left. I took my last pill just over a week ago and I havent slept but maybe 1-2hrs each 24hr period (usually 1/2hr at a time). I had brought myself safetly down to 1/2 of a 350mg of soma 2x a day and 10mg of methadone 1-2x a day as needed. I still experienced such terrible withdraw symptoms some of which has passed, others have not. Anyone know how long the symptoms last cuz if I dont get sleep soon I will go totally nuts. I cry most of the day due to the terrible pain Im in with my back n legs. I have no energy to even get off the couch at this point prob from no sleep but I also have the prob with pain from sitting or laying down. I have read in other posts of women staying on low doses of methadone through out their pregnancy and baby came out healthy. Anyone with knowledge of women who stayed on the meds? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a loss right now...Thanks