Notices

Serenity Queen has % years yesterday..Friday..

Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Serenity Queen has % years yesterday..Friday..

Thats suppose to say 5 years..DUH...
This was posted in Sub abuse..But I thought I'd post one here too since more people come here. Sorry about an hour late with it SQ..
Thanks for all the great caring advice you give. You always put so much compassion a nd support in everypost you do. Thank you.
You are and angel...
Old 07-25-2008, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your 5 years SQ

D
Old 07-26-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats SQ - 5 years so now your out of Intensive Care
Old 07-26-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey twin!!! well ok, different years...but isn't july 25th the greatest day!!!!

Thank you for finding sobriety and SR to help lead the way for those of us who came along later!8
Old 07-26-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Thanks for the wishes, but I celebrated 3 years yesterday.

I'm not too sure where the confusion came in but hey, what do you expect from a bunch of drug addicts and alcoholics!!!

At least we have an excuse! Right?

Thanks all!
Love to everyone!
Judy
Old 07-26-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not a greeter

5 years is incredible Serenity Queen. Congratulations .
Old 07-26-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

3 years - 5 years - no worries - 5 years is right around the corner and you will be there!!! Just a little PRE-CELEBRATION.

Did I tell you that you are the coolest??

MUAH!!!

Janet :ghug3
Old 07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

WHOOOOPS...Ok 3 ..5 my fault..Thats what happens when you post half asleep.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thats great! Congradulations. 2
Old 07-26-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

My Congestive Heart Failure made me a hero!

No biggie, Chiy!

On the other thread my dear friend Janet, (Mrs. Magoo) started for me, I suddenly went from 3 years to 5 years. So maybe you weren't half asleep or half awake after all!

I had a pretty normal day yesterday. I only work a half day on Fridays (sweet!) and I got a ride over to Walmart. I get my nails done at a place in the Super Walmart so I thought I'd treat myself to a little pampering. The bus that runs straight to the AA Club that has a 5:30 Meeting has it's last pick up right behind Walmar, before it begins running every 90 minutes at 4:46pm. I got to the bus stop around 4:30. Time passes, my neighbor, who works at Walmart had gotten off work at 4:30 had already smoked a few after work cigarettes and still . . . no bus. So around 5:00 she called the bus hub. The dispatcher said that he THINKS the bus broke down awhile ago. We all heard the whole conversation because she had her cell phone on speaker. Suddenly, the whole bus crowd, Grandma's, kids, teens, a pregnant woman with a toddler who is running wild and the other tired Walmart workers begin yelling at this poor guy! I kinda felt sorry for the old soul but the expression, 'I think' didn't go over too well at this point in time. It's now about 5:07. Meeting is going to start in 23 minutes,it's about a 20 minute ride. I still have time if it shows up soon.

It's now 5:15 . . . no bus, people are getting madder. It's hot, some have to go to the bathroom and the walk back to Walmart isn't far, but what if the bus shows up? A few had rides pick them up but for the most part, we're all beginning to tell stories from our childhood to pass the time. We begin to go to the bathroom in shifts, making a pact to the desperate ones who are doing the pee pee dance that if the bus does come while they are gone, we will do everthing in our power to hold the bus. Another call to the bus hub . . . "well, I THINK another bus is on it's way." Again, I think.

In the mean time, my neighbor wins the latest round of cherades and decides to go back to Walmart and get a bottle of water. I give her a buck, hating to drink anymore but it's close to 5:30, med time. I have to take several of my meds, including the ones for my heart. She jumps up, the Grandma lady asks if it's a movie or a song, and my neighbor says, "That's it! Your meds!" So she procedes to hit speed dial and call the dispatcher again. " There's a woman here with a heart condition and she isn't looking too good.!" ( imagine I didn't look too well . . . I had a full bladder and my eye balls were beginning to float!) The heat was getting to me, the sun was blaring down and people with Lupus aren't supposed to be in the sun. Plus a few of my meds say to avoid direct sunlight as well. This revelation changed everything! A transport van was immediately dispatched to come and get the survivors of the stranded bus #11.

Within about 12 minutes, two vans suddenly appeared . . . one to take me home (and of course my neighbor and another man who lived in our neighborhood) and the other one took the rest of the passengers downtown to get to their transfered buses. As soon as the doors to the van opened, it's like a northern artic chill hit us. The air conditioner felt soooo good, but not when you have a bladder that feels like it is stretched beyond it's limits. But I gritted my teeth and crossed my legs tightly until I got home.

Ok, so I missed my meeting . . . I missed getting my 3 year token on my Anniversary, but that's ok. What truly matters is I didn't use. Thanks to you wonderful people and the others on all of the Recovery web sites that I have logged in on, I have gotten over two dozen emails from people all around the world who I don't even know wishing me a Happy 3 Years in my new life in Recovery. I have "met" so many wonderful people from literally all walks of life who have touched me in so many ways. . . from the person with a Recovery date in 1970 to the person who is struggling to make it through their first day, I have learned something from each one of you.

When I was in the depths of my addiction, I wondered if I would ever meet even one person who loved Judy for who Judy is. And thanks to this wonderful gift that God gave me on July 25, 2005, I have met literally hundreds.

The gift that I was Blessed with is my Life.

Without drugs and alcohol . . . and all of the baggage that goes along with it.

Thanks for letting me share.
Judy
Old 07-26-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Happy biginnings for your 4th year! (Sorry for the somewhat forward message. I just loved the graphic.)
Old 07-26-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Thanks for sharing SQ, and congratulations!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Well now I know you a little better. What a day! I'm glad they had vans to back up the broken bus.

I'm sorry you missed the meeting to get your chip, but you are so right! You were sober on this day, which is far more important!

Hugs to you.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congratulations on three years!! Woo hoo!!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 years serenityqueen!!!

Barb
Old 07-26-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats SQ!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Judy....

Thank you for your story! From a person who takes cabs regularly..in 112

degree weather here...and missed and/or been late to a couple of

meetings...I hear ya, I hear ya!

Anyhow....

Happy Happy Happy three years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

That does it, I've come to the conclusion that I may get my three year token on my fourth anniversary! lol

I slept later than usual this morning and when I woke up at 7:30, I had to wake my stiff joints up a lot quicker than usual in order to get my shower, put on my make up and put all of this hot hair up and off my collar. It was already near 80 and the humidity level was way up.

I walked up to the bus stop which is only a short walk from my apt. and stood under the shade of a big 'ol beautiful tree, waiting on the bus. When it appeared, if I could have jumped for joy, I would of. Nothing is going to keep me from getting my token.

I got to the meeting about 15 minutes before it was to begin. I got many hugs from friends I have made over the years and ones I had just met a short time ago, all congratulating me on my anniversary. The chairperson asked if I was going to read the Promises like I always do at the beginning of the meeting. Of course I didn't need the copy that is given to the reader since nearly every meeting I have attended over the past three years I have been fortunate enough to read the Promises. They are very dear to me. Since my first meeting in 1980, I would hear these Promises and think that there is no way I would ever be able to say that these 11 "things" would ever be able to come true in my life.

When it came time to give out the tokens, it was beautiful to see a few of the new faces stand up for their 24 hour tokens as well as one younger guy in his 20's who made it back after a several month relapse. When it came time to give the yearly tokens, the old guy who was passing them out got a horrified look on his face when he began to open the little plastic compartments of the case. You guessed it, they were out of three year tokens! I could only laugh hysterically. I had told a few people before the meeting began about yesterdays attempt to get to my usual 5:30 meeting. Of course I got to stand up and say How I Did It and share a few words on my journey which as you can imagine had what makeup that hadn't melted away from the heat to run down my face, making me look like Alice Cooper.

But the bottom line is, what really mattered was that I was Clean & Sober yet another day. As Log Cabin said, I'm now beginning my 4th year in of my new life which is a miracle in itself. For most of us, just being alive and able to find gratitude in life, no matter what daily struggles may come our way is a Blessing.

Today, again, I feel like the most fortunate woman on the face of the earth.

I'm alive . . . I'm Clean & Sober and for that, I will be eternally grateful.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Awesome!!!