Notices

Can't do this anymore......

Old 07-05-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't do this anymore......

I just can't.......
I lurked on this site for 6 months before I registered. During that time, I was debating whether I had a problem and was only drinking a few on most nights. Sometimes, I was able to go 2-3 days without a drink and was fine, but...in the back of my head I knew there was a problem. I can moderate my drinking, but it still consumes my life. Last night was a perfect example. We took the kids to the fireworks. I convinced hubby to pack a cooler with a few. Well, an hour before we left I took a beer in the computer room and drank to to get a head start(I did not tell him). I knew he was only bringing 2 beers for me and I wanted to have 1 in me ahead of time. Who hides alcohol??? Alcoholics do!!!

Since posting here, I have had more bad days then good. I wonder if it is because I log on here everyday, which makes me think of alcohol. I know everyone is here to support me, but coming here makes me want to drink more. I can't figure it out.

So, no pity party for me, just wanted to get this out so I can start fresh today. I may take a break from this site for awhile and see how it goes. I will keep everyone posted from time to time.
Thanks for all the support :sorry
Old 07-05-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nothing to be sorry abot buttercup1... I too found myself chugging a few beers so nobody else would know how many I actually drank, anything for that buzz... It also sounds like you're a little angry with yourself, I can totally relate to the shame I felt the next morning.. It's a disease of the mind as much as it is a disease of the body.. Good news, is that things get better and the obsession to drink goes away..

Have you visited any local AA meetings ? Rooms full of people who understand, and are just like us...
Old 07-05-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your new beginning
wishing you success as you move forward.

Blessings to you and your family
Old 07-05-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope it works out for you! I still drink from time to time. But I still show up here. For me it gives me motivation to not drink that day. Good luck to you! But I wanted you to know that I totally understand your story, believe me. If you want a friend message me!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Buttercup,

I know that, for me, the harder I tried to moderate my drinking, the more consumed I was by thoughts of drinking.

I hope you can continue to find support here at SR, but of course, you need to do whatever works for you.