Notices

New

Old 05-15-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living one day at a time

Exclamation New

Well, I'm new to all this. I posted on a different topic kind of to avoid my own. So here I go about me...I have depression and have taken anti-depressants for years. I hit rock bottom April 21 and tried to take my life.I had so much going on in my life; kids were taken away b/c State thought husband physical hurt my son ( they are in my parents custody), husband lost job and struggling to make ends meet, getting sued for a past medical bill my husband said he took care of, and so on. Before I attempted I reached out to him and he pushed me away which sent me spirialing even more. I was rushed to the er and then taken to a treament center where I stayed for a week then followed up with a week of partials. I learned so much about myself.I also met some really wonderful people who struggle with some of the same issuses that I do.(I keep in contact with them) Not only do I have depression, but I also suffer from PTSD, Aniexty, Self-Esteem, Co-Dependency, and have boundary problems. I am married almost 7 years and this has been a struggle for my husband who has depression and who has addictive behaviors. He is not understanding my new take on life and has said some very hurtful things to me and does not want to stay in contact with the people I met in recovery; I know I hurt him by trying to kill myself, but I am taking the steps to better myslef and he just wants me to go back to the way I was before. I can't be that person again and I am getting frustrated with him. I know he needs therapy but he is unwilling to go, and I know I can't force him, but he is bringing me down and I think our relationship is coming to an end. What's the next step?

Last edited by mbnfprncess; 05-15-2008 at 10:33 AM. Reason: needed to add something
Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR Milfprncess! Glad that you found us! sorry that you are going through all of this right now. Please know that you have come to a great community which is filled with a lot of experience, strength and hope!

Please check out the other forums and the stickies at the top of the forums! Keep posting you are not alone! Others will be around to welcome you too!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello and Welcome!

Blessings to you and your family
Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi..Glad you are here.
Misery loves company.
I think it is great you have a new take on life.
I have, as alot here been where you were.
That is never a solution. I guess we find out the hard way.
Thankfully we were able to make it to learn it.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Old 05-15-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I think that early recovery is a very scary time and often involves a lot of changes. For me, some of those changes were unexpected and I wasn't sure what to make of the new me.

I know that things will work out for you, the way they are meant to.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hi Mlfprncess,

It sounds like you have really been struggling. I'm sorry. I hope you continue to assert your right to have whomever you want as friends, regardless of your husband's opinion. If your friends from the treatment center were and are helpful to you, you should listen to your own needs there. Giving them up because of something your husband thinks or says is not going to help you. I think you are at a very tender place right now and you need to make taking care of yourself the most important thing. I know that's not always easy when you have codependency issues and PTSD and other things going on, like you said. But that's the road to recovery, for sure.

Do you have a substance abuse problem?

I'm glad you're here.

- MLE
Old 05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living one day at a time

no, mle-sober, i do not have a substance absue problem which everyone at treatment was surprised to find out. and i do plan on keeping my friends from treatment, they relate to me better and are no as judgemental as my family and friends.
and thanks for the welcoming and comments i appreciate them.