Notices

Need help...

Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help...

I am completely addicted to basically any prescription medication I can get my hands on. It has been going on for 2 years. I have had problems with Soma, Fiorcet, Codeine, Perocet, Xanax... And now it has just gotten worse - I am completely addicted to vicodin. I have lied to my husband about drugs more times than I can count and he always forgives me. And then I stab him in the back again. I know I am going to lose him and I love him. And to make things worse. I am pregnant. My doctor prescribed the viocidin to me saying it was safe for pregnancy - but I have taken way too many. I need help. I need to find a way to stay away from the drugs. In the past I have gotten better for a week or two or even month but then been just as bad. And I fear pain. I feel like I can stop taking it until the next migraine or backache. Any advice?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

You might want to read the threads in this forum
And ask questions there too.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/

I have no experience with your situation...
I'm an alcoholic in AA recovery.

Glad you found us...keep reading and posting.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Call your doctor. Let him know. I'm a drunk, so Idon't know that much about pills, but your baby's life is paramount now. Also, just keep checking in here. I'm sure some people with experience in this area will be jumping in. There's a lot of good, sober women here who can help.
Mike
Old 04-20-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oh yes, do tell your doctor. If you've been taking pain meds for so long there needs to be a way to get you off of them without danger to you or the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor and let us know what's going on with you.

THis is a safe and comforting place to come with questions and fears. Tho we do not give medical advice here, only experience and personal advice.

You can make it back to a drug free life, just do it safely.:ghug
Old 04-20-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by labelleenfant77 View Post
I need help. I need to find a way to stay away from the drugs. In the past I have gotten better for a week or two or even month but then been just as bad. And I fear pain. I feel like I can stop taking it until the next migraine or backache. Any advice?
First off let me welcome you to SR! So happy that you have found us!

Awe the plea for help! WHOOO HOOOO

That is the first step in learning how to live without drugs. Knowing that you have a problem, now we need to look for the solution. This is only my ESH (Experience, Strength, and Hope) so I know that it works for not only myself but for many others that are in recovery.

I know about the pain! I have a back that has two crushed disks, I have a knee that recently went out and I am not able to have surguries because of my breathing. I have Vicodin here but I only take them if the pain gets so unbearable. Usually that don't happen, I have learned to live with it and one thing about it is that it hardly comes to my mind unless I dwell upon it.

I haven't had to use since May 25, 2006 Other than what was prescribed and used as directed. For that I am truly Grateful. I am a addict my name is Vic. The way that I stay clean, is that I go to meetings, I work the steps, I get and USE a sponsor, read the material, and no matter what I don't use. I know that NA has worked for me, AA is pretty much the same but there singleness of purpose is alcohol. However I have never been asked to leave a AA meeting either. They are understanding. You asked for advise. In the AA Big Book it says it is probably better that I don't give advice. But I guess what I would suggest and you can take it or leave it.

Tell your doctor that you are a addict! First we need to get honest with not only ourselves but others. Than I would suggest that you find yourself a meeting to go to, either AA/NA. All we have to do is to stay clean for today! I know it isn't easy but I also know it is doable. SO go to a meeting, and than just listen to them. If you are listening you will hear something that will help you to remain clean for that day. I am a true believer in meetings, and the Programs of Recovery that is offered to us all. If a junkie like me can recover just for today than anyone can do it.

I wish ya the best and never hesitate to do what you feel is right. Blessings to you.:ghug3
Old 04-20-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us!

I agree with talking to your dr. Try to find an alternate way to deal with the pain. Is there a pain clinic in your area? If so, that might be a good start.

Take a look around and read and learn.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome and I am glad you are seeking advice.

I would suggest seeing a Dr. and considering either residential treatment or outpatient in the least. They can provide you and your baby with the help that you need to start with.

Welcome again and thank you for your post.
:praying