Notices

Greetings

Old 04-18-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Greetings

New here just wanted to say hello,

I have come here as i am trying my level best to come off Xanax.. It is hard and i feel really imotional and ill, i have a tremor in my neck that causes my head to bob and i am not sure if this is a symtom of withdrawel or something that would have happened due to taking the xanax in the first place. I would just like some help and advice, whats normal, whats not. I also have a problem with painkillers but truth is i can't face stopping that as it helps with the withdrawel symtoms from the xanax... Basically i have been on xanax for 11 years always been on 1mg... never been tempted to up the dosage. Sarted reducing by not taking half of a 500mg tablet once a week and am now on twice a week..... How fast is to fast to come off? Just looking for some support
Old 04-18-2008, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Duracell,

Welcome!

We don't give any kind of medical advice here, so you will need to check with your dr.

There are however, lots of people who have gone through similar experiences to yours, and I'm sure you'll get lots of support.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here to encourage you and support you. Haven't done the zanex withdrawl myself, but hope you call a Doctor immediately. My roomate in treatment came off 13 years on it and after 14 days of sobriety had a siezer. So please, please call a Dr. for advise.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR.

If you are looking for support you are in the right place. Good to see you here.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Here to encourage you and support you. Haven't done the zanex withdrawl myself, but hope you call a Doctor immediately. My roomate in treatment came off 13 years on it and after 14 days of sobriety had a siezer. So please, please call a Dr. for advise.
Did your roommate come off it to quickly? I am not to worried at this stage as i am taking it very very slowely.. I must admit i am terrified not to take it slowely because of all of the stories i have heared. I just need to know what to look out for. I am having trouble with my doctors atm the doc who originally suggested i stop taking it is i think leaving the practice as he is impossible to get into to see. I have to start all over again with a different doctor... aaarg!! I will get to it next week though. I think i will be ok as long as i take the meds again. Next week wednesday and thursday is hard days again as those are the days i take half of 500mg less than normal...
Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Checking with a doctor is good advice. Other than that, I'd say come here often to vent your feelings and get lots of support and friendship. Welcome to the forum!!:ghug
Old 04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Welcome! Hopefully you have someone with you incase you do have an emergency.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi Duracell, welcome to SR
Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Duracell - welcome to SR!

after calling your medical advisor - you might want to check out the stickies over in the Substance Abuse Forums; there's a good bit of information there, as well as links to organizations, etc. that might be able to help you as well.

have you made a plan for recovery?