Notices

Looking for my confidence

Old 02-14-2008, 12:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gums54 View Post
I am going to stay sober today.It will be the first day in a long time.SR looks like confidence in itself.

Yes, you can do this tonight. If I can, I promise you can. That is wonderful news. I'm here at night. It's a combination of not sleeping (Day 9, but much better then drinking and passing out), working the swing shift and living on the west coast.

Please know that you are not alone. Post, or feel free to PM me anytime. My experience, strength and hope is limited right now, but I do know how to be there for someone who is struggling like I am! Hopefully things will get better and better for both of us.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support people.Feel like I;'m going to make it now.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome InnerWinner and congrats on your two years.
Plenty of great support and advice here for you, best wishes.
Welcome Gums.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

IW, I relate to your query entirely.

When I came into recovery I had lost my sense of self and that was puzzling, the person I was before drugs and on drugs isnt what came out the other side. I struggle with confidence and still feel shaken to my core almost 15 months later. It has been slow but I kinda like the new me that is shaping out this side now and I am working very hard at my recovery and practising spiritual principals in all my affairs and I must say that feeling like a better person helps alot.

I still stutter and struggle to make eye contact when put on the spot or face a direct enquiry about me and i hope to hell that will pass.

I really feel that time does heal and the more time you give recovery the better things get. Its inevitable really.