Notices

Scared to death of it!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared to death of it!

I am such an antisocial person! I have a wonderful friend in AA, (just celebrated her 18th bday!) and I just can't seem to go. I see all the wonderful comments, and she is wonderful too, but eh, getting me out of my house (rather off my property) is a pretty tough endeavor even when I didn't drink.

Then I found this place! This is a great place from what I can see. I know it won't hurt, and I am hoping it will help as much as I need it to.

Anyway, I decided to join though I haven't done a "practiced" sober day yet. I can't, or wont or I don't really know. I just know it is REALLY starting to eat at me.

Just thought I would say hey. At least for now. I have a million questions, but I guess I will save them for later.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mark,

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us and yes, this is an amazing place. It is my lifeline and I always find inspiration here.

My husband once asked me if I couldn't or wouldn't quit drinking and I have to admit, it was some of both. I was so scared.

Keep reading and posting.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you and welcome to SR.

Yes this is a perfect place to get questions answered. And there is people that either can't leave their house or have a hard time getting anywhere.

So ask away and hope to see you here.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, it is terribly scary!

Now that I have read about detoxing too, *cringes*...I am terrified of that hell!!! As if this isn't anyway...

My boyfriend will probably be my biggest support, if I can EVER get the courage to ask. Sounds bad, maybe it's like the AA thing, I will feel accountable to someone besides just me. He just has SO much already on his plate, and to take on this too...

So, I guess I can put some of it here and get stronger until I can truly bring him on board.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you talked to your dr, because detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous.

And, it's great to have your boyfriend's support, but remember, this is about you.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to SR, My Mark! This is a great place for asking questions and sharing your experience.

Open AA meetings can be pretty fun and friendly places, the one I attend every night is filled with the sounds of laughter and happiness. We call it "the music of AA".

Hope to hear more from you!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hehe, I just read that, and it looks kinda funny...I am a woman, 2 kids, and 2 step kids, and my "new little guy" (I guess he is my step kid too), because he is my boyfriends kiddo.

My Mark, was because, I lost one of the closest friends I ever had to suicide, and he fought this battle and lost...I don't want to be there. Though, it's been 2 years since he left.

I was on another forum (still am) that had a thread for addictions, but it was no help, I just got (for lack of a better word) creamated there by people who never dealt with this. So, I just shut up, went on doing what I was doing but had learned to be a bit more secretive.

Why don't the non alcoholics get it? Is it because THEY DO have control?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi every one.

To Anna, no, I haven't talked to my Dr about it. I don't know that I would have those terrible withdrawal symptoms. I currently drink about 2-3 18 packs a week. Getting to the doc is kinda like getting me off to a meeting!!!

I have gone 3 or 4 days with out, because I couldn't afford it, and I just sleep alot. B complex, and alot of water usually pull me through those times...Pretty messed up huh? 4 days, and just go back to it....