Notices

you are what you drink

Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

you are what you drink

I read on a bottle of mineral water that "you are what you drink". The lable went on to explain that most of our bodies are made of liquids that renew themselves ever 6 weeks.
So I was thinking, if you drink only alcohol for 6 or more weeks the majority of the fluids in the body will be toxic.
Who in their right mind would poison themselves, I ask myself. I guess when we were active we must have been really sick. I'm happy we're getting better now.:bounce
Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it has to do with low self-esteem or even self-loathing, both of which I experienced. It's the only reason I can come up with, as to why I poisoned myself for several years.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

I did it @ first because I loved it and then I did it to escape from death & then I did it because I had to do it and then after a good while of that I would bruise very easily and my eyes would be yellow and red and I stopped eating and I couldn't get out of bed without swigging vodka drinks and I hated myself for doing it, sleeping and drinking (among other bad choices) all day and then out all night with team blackout and a swollen tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth the next morning (repeat) and then I decided I needed to go to rehab because I could not "not drink" cause the room would spin, and I felt I was beside myself.....now I drink tea, coffee, juice and water.