Notices

On the verge

Old 02-02-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Manda,
I'm glad you made it through also!

Vic, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray for the both of you.

Anna, I surprised myself last night getting through that. I didn't think I had it in me but I did it!

It hurts so bad to think I lost a friend. I'm glad I didn't relapse last night so I woke up with that relief but I also woke up with the pain of losing a friend still there. It's sad. I feel really tired and worn out today for some reason. I woke up feeling that way.
Maybe I'm drained from dealing with the sad stuff. I am going to take it easy on myself today.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Hope,

I know exactlly where you are. I am with you.

I have no idea how to feel this stuff without drinking. My body - right to the tips of my fingers - feels in pain. My 15 year old daughter said to me "maybe you just have to feel it Mum".

It's how we grow. Go with it. Don't fight it. Feel it and lean into it. It is tiring isn't it? I am exhausted most days even with the little feelings. Let alone the huge life long stuff.

I get help from HP by asking for specific help. My HP is female - ish I think. Not sure. But so loving - sure about that part. I had a vision of going through childbirth and then of beautiful acceptance that the pain would end and it would all be for a good reason. That helps me when I want to control the situation to end the pain.

You are doing so well. You didn't drink and you asked for help. Keep doing that and you will make it through.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good plan
D
Old 02-02-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cheryl,

You're a courageous young woman and I'm proud of you for hanging in and hanging on through all of the tough stuff. Keep reaching out, keep sharing, and never give up.

Ro xoxo
Old 02-02-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hope Im glad you made it through the tough stuff.

I hope things get better for you
Old 02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi Cheryl my friend glad you didn't pick up, life on lifes terms is both wonderful and awful both at the same time sometimes. Just saying we are struggling is often enough to start us talking about it.

Well done Cheryl

Kevin
Old 02-02-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you made it through! I was thinking of you.Stay strong

Julesxox
Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am so glad you made it.
You know..Dont let outside forces influence your recovery.
If you lose a friend..then I dont think they were really a friend to begin with. So better off.
True friends will always be there. They may distance a little but will always be there in time of need. I have lost all but 2 of what I thought were friends. And they stayed away when I was getting high. I understood that. But they still checked on me and sure didnt abandon me or judge me. These are 2 friends since 7th grade.
But now that I am trying to get better. They are super glad and talk to me more.
Loss is hard..But if your doing what your suppose to and still "friends" are leaving. Then who needs em?
Your doing great and your such a sweet person.
Dont sweat the small stuff.
Love ya!!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

This is awful. Not that I'm craving or anything... but I'm hurting so bad right now...