Notices

First Meeting Tonight...

Old 01-24-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks time x~
Day 4, planning on a meeting tonight, meeting #2...

Just had to take my girls to their counseling appointment, which is conveniently at 5pm when all my friends get out of work AND right next door to my favorite free watering hole...

Sat outside in the car... reading and watching them all walk in... Getting mad BECAUSE i KNOW i could have went in there and had a tonic or two and hung out for a while... BUT i also know that THAT is the beginning of a pattern for me that I will very quickly lose control of....

So, I text my pseudo-sponsor (?) and whined about it (as I couldnt GET to the whine board on here...) And, of course, he told me to move my car (NOVEL idea!) and quit torturing myself -- which I didn't -- DUH!

Anyhow, I'm not only sick because I have this problem, but what kind of "normal" person would sit there sulking and resenting it, too???

grrrrrrrrrr........

Still, I'm home now, thankful to be reading a few posts here, waiting for 8:00 to roll around so I can go listen and learn some more about who I've become.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have been thinking of you all day..... Glad you made it to a meeting and now You can do more.........You really need to do 90 in 90 days to feel real good about yourself........

Listen to what they have to say at the meetings and take mental notes......You will do fine and I have confidence in you........

Glad you are reading your AA book... that is good for you when waiting for kids to finish their stuff......

Hang tight and know you are not alone..... Hugs for you today.... Let the tears fall on that Teddy Bear and he will help you through all this as well.............. You are never too old to have a Teddy Bear when you really need that super close friend.....

Think about it... sometimes such a friend is good to have when no one else is there for you at the toughest times of your life. specially those moments you are between meetings.......

Praying special for you today and through the night........

Little Penguin
Old 01-24-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so happy that you made it to your meeting. The first time ever is always scary. But it will get easier and easier every time you go.

Barb
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are doing well....Keep that chin up and you will see what you need to do for you when the meetings get to be more tucked in your belt.....

Just listen and when the time is right you will say what you need to.... Then you will feel the weight lifted from you.... It really feels good to get all the burdens off your shoulder.....

Praying for you today that you can make more baby steps toward a better life in your program..................

Little Penguin
Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hope all going well today..... You are thought of today.....

Taking time out from all this rain to do what I love most........ helping kid make valentine bookmarks ..... YES IT IS THAT TIME OF YEAR..... with school kids it comes too fast........

Have a good day and know you are special.............Hang in there and know you have a friend that is praying for you lots.........

Little Penguin