Notices

Well..I am back...Kinda long

Old 01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well..I am back...Kinda long

Well..It was 7 days. They discharged me due to insurance.
I was so sad to go. I almost had an axiety attack when the counselor told me yesterday that I had to go. I mean I would tear up thinking about it.
The other times I went to treatment I felt obligated and spent the whole time figuring out how to get out of there. And did go AMA everytime. And they wanted to keep me 40 days. Now I was OK with the idea of being there for a month. I was ready. I didnt want to go.
Everyone there from the first day was awesome! I really grew attached to everyone..And I mean everyone right down to the nurses. All the patients and counselors were great. It was heartbreaking.
And they welcomed me with true sincerity and understanding. I felt like it was right for the first time. And in turn that helped me interact and participate alot!
I bonded greatly with everyone! Even the one that everyone else gets annoyed with. I was accepting of every and all things.
I was there for me. Noone else. A girl offered me a cigareete. But i refused because I know if you get caught. Your out. I was not willing to risk that. I got so much out of that little 7 days it is unreal.
But my counselor. Who is a text book counselor. No offense in what I am about to say. But I feel if the real experience of it isnt there. How do they truely know what is going on in my mind. And she made some dumb decisions I think in my aftercare plan. She wanted to put me in a sober residence right dead in the middle of the chaos. What is that??
Why??
Me with just a tiny bit of freedom and walk out the door and possibility of getting high is right in your face. NO!
So she took it as I wasnt going to do anything. I told her I could do a couple days Outpatient. But I couldnt do IOP because I am without transportation now. My aunt is off Wed and my cousin Fri. I could go those days. It sounds like excuses but it's just simply how it is.
Now I am second guessing my decisions. Because I dont know if it is my doper mentality or I really am thinking clear. It is confusing.
But I do know I have had it! I am so done with all that craziness. And all I have left to lose is my family. I cant even comprehend that. I cant and wont let it come down to that. That would definately be the end of me.
And Rowan will be glad to know...(wink..wink) That I am very into meetings now. They had outside people comein and do meetings and we would go downstairs one night a week and sit in on a regular meeting with the outside. It was so enlightening. I have such a different perspective on them now. ANd it helps when someone explains it to you. It is a simple program. But it looks like stereo instructions in japanese at first. I asked questions. I wasn't afraid this time. I felt safe. And I felt the real concern from these people. Not just fake phoniness. But that was me also. I am use to that in the street. So I guess I expect everyone to be like that.
Boy...My eyes have really been opened to something wonderful that is going to possibly save my life.
I am very interested in all this recovery stuff now.
And I was thinking. There was this painting in there of a beach scene. I liked it. I always stopped when I passed it and just studied it for a minute.
I want to start collecting beach scenery art.
LOL...I drew myself one for my room and hung it over my bed. Thats my peaceful and serene place.
Well...I rang 2008 in on a good note. This year is going to be a clean slate with unlimitted opportunity. And I am going to try and make the best out of verey second of it.
I spoke of this board while in there. I always do. Because all of you are a part of me and have really stuck it out with me.
I am so grateful just to have a chance to try one more time. I may never come back from the next run. And ...WOW...I really feel that. I really do.
Well anyway. Glad to be back. And thanks to all of you for just being there.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome back Trish, and thanks for sharing your experience with us! Soooo, you know I'm a huge fan of meetings, I hope you start going regularly and doing the deal. Good to have you back here. I'll always be proud of your determination.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the smile.

It sounds like you are right where you are supposed to be...happy, scared, uncertain, hopeful, etc.....you are going to be great.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is so good to see you are doing well with your sobriety and you are making some meetings...:ghug3
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound great! Stick with the meetings and keep stepping forward. Wow, there is a huge change in you already. It is amazing. You put a smile on my face today. I'm proud of you!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you Chiy...I am glad you are back and you are moving forward. love, J
Old 01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Trish,

Glad that you had a positive experience! I'm really happy that you like the meetings. What is your plan to get to meetings in your town?

xo

Karen
Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome back chiy. I was in a a rehab in cemtral London, drugs everywhere, best place to be, get over the possibiulity real quick and if I had been in the coubntry and going to use, I would have crawled into the nearest town if I had to.

Kevin
Old 01-04-2008, 11:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

welcome back!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Chiy, glad you are feeling positive.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Chiy)))

You sound great and I'm glad you're back, though I'm sure you wish you could have finished out the treatment.

Isn't it amazing that when we finally admit that we can't do it alone, we find who and what we need? Here's to an awesome year for you...one day at a time

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Your post is so inspiring... You sound very strong