Notices

Anyone else on Day 1?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Woob0012,

Welocme to SR and congrats. Its a good idea to start a new thread and simply say hi so we can all welcome you.

Kevin
Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How nice to be back!

Hello, Carol, Rusty and 51Anna - I remember you guys! Thanks especially Anna for that warning on being home alone - I can definitely relate to that. I'm going to line up a bunch of Christmas specials and sing along with Heat Miser (soberly, that is). Day 2 here, and welcoming the other newbies - please hold on tight and don't give up!
Gravity, I never heard of contacting AA via a personal call - I thought the only way was just to walk in "cold" on some meeting with a bunch of strangers. Please tell me more about your experience!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi Crayola,

On my way home, I called the local AA number. There was a message that listed several numbers for AA members. The first person I talked to was out of town but he had another person call me who invited me for coffee before I went home. I arrived at his home scared and upset but left with some hope. I am leaving for my first AA meeting in 5 minutes (he is meeting me outside).

I don't know if this is standard practice for AA but it is quite amazing.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hi Woob0012, crayola and gravity...

havent been here long myself, its a wonderful forum.

:ghug
Old 12-17-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey crayola,
i am on day 2, and i am so scared and anxious. this will be my second time trying to quit. i quit drinking before for about 90 days, and i can't tell you what prompted me to relapse. i am truly hopeful, and have found this site very inspirational and helpful. i am not sure about AA right now. I need to get the courage! I would say today was a huge accomplishment in joining this site. I have been reading along for months...too afraid to join in, but i figure i really need some input and help from others if i'm going to beat this.