Notices

Tried to Kill Myself

Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wow!

I had no idea alcoholism could get so bad. I was just secretly drinking myself to death.

I don't understand your situation but you have my best wishes.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by LegalLady View Post
Thanks everyone. I've been meeting out. Coda, ACA (Adult Children of Alcholics) and AA. It wears me out and makes me even more sick. You know what I find the hardest thing of all. This freaken pity whining trip. You know. This stupid. Kick I get on like Poor me. I can't stand it. I go through a list of things for years over and over and over and i can't turn the damn record player off. Its constant. Wakes me up at night. I'm crazy I swear I am.

Your not crazy at all, someone put those tapes in there.
There's a book called, Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway,
that helped me change the tape player,
she (Susan Jeffers) calls it our inner chatterbox. :comfort
Old 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're in my prayers...prayers that you can see the you that others love and learn to love yourself. Keep reaching out. Gentle hugs
Old 11-26-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
cmc

Jersey Nonny said:
Suicide: A permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Things always keep changing from better, to worse and back again. I can't tell you how many people I know who have attempted to take their lives like you did and survived to find new lives that they wouldn't trade for the world.

There are so many here who have shared how they coped with the same things you are facing. I hope you will consider their experiences and apply them for yourself.

Keep reading and posting and also take a look at the sticky threads on this site for more resources.
:praying
Old 11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thanks everyone. I've been meeting out. Coda, ACA (Adult Children of Alcholics) and AA. It wears me out and makes me even more sick. You know what I find the hardest thing of all. This freaken pity whining trip. You know. This stupid. Kick I get on like Poor me. I can't stand it. I go through a list of things for years over and over and over and i can't turn the damn record player off. Its constant. Wakes me up at night. I'm crazy I swear I am.
Imagine driving in a car. Now how do you think you are going to get where you wanna go by always looking in the rear view mirror? It's an accident waiting to happen. And no matter how much we would like. There isnt anything that can change the past. So try to accept it and move forward and learn from all that mess.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Getting ready to go home soon. Thanks all. Tonight I'm going to the library to get a book by William Glasser called the control theory. Something about "doing". Who knows.

I'm scared and so sad. But I am so thankful that you all made me feel glad that I made it. I will be back tomorrow. God bless. Maybe I might sign on at the Library to night too.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

I'm glad you made it too, LL. Take care, and good luck.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi LL - I am so sorry for what you are going through. You have my thoughts and prayers. please keep coming back and let us know how you are doing
Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hows things today LL?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Legal Lady, thinking of you. I hope you get a moment to check in and let us know how you're doing.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hi Legal Legal Lady.

My name is IO.

I have been where you are...two suicide attempts while drunk..and one planned

while sober and God intervened on that one 17 months ago...I have been clean and sober since.

The only thing I know is that if He could do this for me with my history.....

for this hopeless alcoholic and drug addict and gambler..then He sure as heck can do

it for any one else..even you, dear LL.

I will pray for you tonight..that God will wrap you in His arms and care for you with

tender mercies....and keep reading, and posting, and reaching out..and let others

love you until you can love yourself.

When they used to tell me that..even even (that) hurt to hear it...because I felt

I didn't deserve it...

But not one of us deserve it more than the other...because you see..we are all the same....not

one of us are no better or worse than the other.

We are all addicts and alcoholics reaching out in love to help and support one another...

My prayers, my thoughts, and my best best to you LL...

Love,

IO

he sure can do
Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

On 11/11/ had a 50 50 chance and I made it and I'm back. I don't know why I survived. They couldn't even pump my stomach. Tylenol I had to wait no liver damage. With all the drinking and that CAN YOU BELEIVE IT. I'm doing such horrible horibble things. The outpatient and AA was fine until the insurance and money ran out. Work called me back and reality kicked in. How do you do depression and addiction when you ahve no money. How did you do it and why did i not die. I can't stand being at this job and I should be greatful.

God help me and pray for me all of you. I know he hates me. for my selfish act. and I am doing horrible careless things to try to end my life now. HOW do you heal yourself when you have no care for your self.

I don't know why I survived it.

Pray for me please.

wow such a powerful post. i can feel the emotion. attempting suicide is not an uncommon thing for a hopeless alcoholic/drug addict to attempt. many of us tried directly or indirectly to kill ourselves. you are not alone!!!!! we, like you, survived. God wanted us to survive. today i try not to ask WHY but instead ask HOW. HOW do i get better? what is the solution to our hopelessness? the answer to our problems is in the 12-step program of Alcoholics Anonymous. you mentioned not having money. i showed up to AA with no money, no ID's, and no insurance. i asked God for help and He revealed a plan to me. there was no over-night solution to my problems. but getting a sponsor, working steps, and making meetings turned me from a suicidal degenerate, lying, depressed, hopeless alcoholic into a happy, joyous, and free individual. we are here for you....my thoughts are with you. you are home now if you'd like to stay.