Notices

frustrated

Old 11-17-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question frustrated

hi, i had been abusing hydros, percs, roxis, for three and half years, on 10=22=07 i quit cold turkey, of course there was the ten days of physical crap but its the depression and lethargy that is making me wonder if opiates are better than feeling soooooooo tired all the time. i am eating vitamins but my family misses their peppy daddy and husband, any suggestions, i already take zoloft. god bless anyone that has/is going through this please help
Old 11-17-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, and welcome.

Well done on your decision to get clean. Don't be too hard on yourself if you're not feeling all energetic and happy just yet. It's going to take some time for those opiates to be cleansed from your system. Are you familiar with post acute withdrawal syndrome? I'll add a link after I post this, as you may find the symptoms mirror what you are experiencing.
When I quit benzos 4 years ago, withdrawal was he**. It took me months to start feeling better, and to start sleeping regular. Why go back on the pills, and have to inevitably go through withdrawal again?
Your family deserves a dad and husband who is clean and taking care of himself. Don't give up. It gets way better.

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

Last edited by Rowan; 11-17-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: added link
Old 11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your body is healing. Each day you're healing a little more. I know it's a slow process but be glad that you are no longer a slave to the pills. That in itself is priceles.. You have given yourself a chance to live and a gift above all others.

I know that it may not be much consolation as you are going through this stuff but you did the right thing and you will feel so much better in the long run than you ever did on pills. And the best thing is you are no longer chasing the feeling of pills. The best feeling is a natural feeling that being sober brings.

Welcome to SR!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you all for words of encouragement,,,,, its a fight for sure but i know i want to be free from the opiate grasp.god bless you for responding
Old 11-18-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say I know where you are coming from. I have been clean 1 month from Percs - lortabs (if I could get them) - whatever. If it is an opiate give it to me was my motto. The withdrawals suck but the mental withdrawals are worse. It is a game, that is the way I think of it. I know I must win and the only way I can is by staying away. My husband and I got into a fight tonight because he does not understand the process I am going through even though he has been an addict himself in the past. He wants his happy all the time, peppy, sexy wife back. But it takes time to heal all that was so damaged. After the fight all I wanted was a pill and a smoke - For the fist time in 30 days!!! It scared me and I fought it off.
So I hear you on that.

As for the depression that has been almost disabling for me as well. My counselor (who is a great assest now, I reccomend all recovering addicts have someone to talk to that is unbiased) she upped my dosage of Lexapro. Maybe that can be done with your Zoloft? It really did help me out alot. If not it might help to switch to another SSRI, you may get better results. Also excersize has helped me tons. Even just a walk around the block. It gets your natural endorphins working again. They go into hibernation while you are taking pills and it takes time for them to work properly again. Excersize is the best way to get them to work.

I hope something I said helped. Please don't give in, you can do this. You must do this for your family, for you children. They need a dad that is present and not numbed out to the world. All the best to you.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI,

I was addicted to opiates for three years...I do remember having the cleanest house in town, lol...

I quit opiates. It will be one year in Dec... Although I have my days where I miss them, I feel much better not being chained by the addiction...

You can do this...