Notices

Argggghhhh how many more times??

Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Argggghhhh how many more times??

2 steps forward, 30 steps back over and over again.

In summary...
I can go 3 days off booze - start feeling GREAT then go out and ruin it all again.

I've just had 5 days off work (annual leave) and have spent the majority of it either drinking or sleeping, taking copious amounts of sleeping tablets, way too many...

In all, had one night (out of 5) of booze, coke, and being awake 2 days in a row before crash landing into someone else's bed....

The rest of the time I've spent alone with my beer/wine/vodka/whateva and sleeping pills.

Sleep, drink, eat bleugh. Boring and pointless, the more I do it the more I hate myself, so the more I isolate from others, the more FAT I feel and the more I want to die.

~Sorry~

The answer? STOP DRINKING - its not F*KIN ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT?!?!?

So, how do I do it, please help...

M

(I love this smilie)
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Mimi
good to see ya...for me...I had to hit bottom...I had to actually be physically shown how far my life had fallen and what I was doing to myself...I don't recommend that. 7 months on and I'm still scared at how close I came to the abyss...

Other, smarter, people have various programmes - whether it's AA or whatever - if you want to stop, you should check some things like that out.

How many more times is really up to you, Mimi

D
Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You get help, that's how. Doing it alone is very hard. Quitting itself is hard, so why make it worse than it needs to be. Find some kind of aftercare, some recovery program, and ask for help so you're not alone.

And then before you pick something up again, make the phone call.

Like Dee said though, you need to be done first. Hopefully, before it's too late, you'll reach the point where the change is less painful than continuing, and then the change can begin.

And no it's not rocket science, but any of us who have been there know, it's not always as simple as that, or at least doesn't feel like it.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Mimi you don't have to start over ever again if you don't want to. Either you keep on the same way you have been or you gather up all your strength and desire to stop and do it. You just stop drinking. You're right, it's not rocket science. Pretty simple really... stop drinking, change a few things in your life, things will improve. I don't claim it's easy but if you want it you will do it. You have to really want it though .

* Get support : SR or AA or something else (IOP for me in the beginning)
* Change your routine
* Avoid your "friends" that drink or use
* Occupy your free non drinking time with a hobby, reading, exercise

Just some things that worked for me.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No AA

im a newbie here quitting on nov 7. i agree with gypsy... do whatever it takes. you can find your own way and you can find plenty of people to help you on your way-whatever it takes. i'm off every other week and that's what i did...holed up and drank.
i come here every day and try to post at least once. there's a lot of knowledge here and a lot, lot, lot of support - people here know what you're talking about and don't judge. come back again----- post and read and find your own road
Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've quit a thousand times. This time I'm looking for support, here, and through AA.
I'm only on day three and haven't made it to a meeting yet, but I plan to.
It's so hard going it alone.

I can relate to your post and my thoughts are with you as we travel this road together.

Best,

Ghost
Old 11-13-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Don't beat yourself up, sobriety is out there and it's a gift. Pick yourself up and you can get sober, all of us here want you to succeed. Be safe.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know what, when it comes to seeing friends without drinking, I think to myself, what's the point? They want to drink, I want to drink, so WE DRINK...

Problem is I continue drinking and sleeping until I have to go back to work - it could be days, I didn't use to be like this..

10 sleeping tabs later - I'll see you in a while *crying*

mxx
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

BTW what is rock bottom?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mimi54321 View Post
BTW what is rock bottom?
The ultimate bottom is death...

Rock bottom? Mimi, maybe you are there...Now it is time to surrender...

You can do this!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Mimi. I am back on day 1 today also again. Eventually we will get there. We cant ever stop trying.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Smile Wanting to get sober....

Mimi, :comfort

For me I had to want sobriety more than life itself. I tried to do it alone and made it three months then drank for two more months...then went for help. I was detoxed in the local hospital...had to be honest about how much I was drinking every day.

I then went to AA every night for one solid year. I was also getting help for my depression that had been diagnosed since a teen. One Day At A Time has ended up One Year At A Time and my sobriety keeps adding up. 3 I continue with the AA Program way of living and use the tools I have gathered through the years.

You can do it if you want it bad enough.

kelsh
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Rock bottom......... that is when one gets to sick and tired of digging, some of us do not stop until we have dug a 6 foot deep hole, then we lay down and finally rest.

Some of us stop digging and become willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober!

We have hit our bottom when we stop talking the talk and reach out our hand for help and start walking the walk with the help of others who have been right where we are at and know how to stop and stay stopped.

We have hit our bottom when we have become willing to admit that our way does not work and start doing what other people who are now sober did to get and stay sober.