Notices

I am so depressed

Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I got hit with some pretty good depression, it comes and goes.

Like a lot of people have said (but I -of course- thought it meant everyone but me. no no no,not meee), problems you had when you started self-medicating with the drink..well hello, they're still there when you stop drinking (I know you said you haven't had problems with depression before, I myself had), and it bugged me and made me even more depressed that I was having depression and anxiety when things were supposed to be getting BETTER now that I was sober (that I think you might be able to relate to, if not the before/after part), and WHY wasn't it?

Heck I even thought one day "F this, I felt better when I was drinking."

I don't currently have a job either...and that's part of the problem. Being idle makes for badstuffs. In our heads. At least in mine.

So I want to get a job, even if it's not in my desired field (there is a very small market for it where I live) and just do more..and be thankful that while yes, I do have to deal with depression that can sometimes be crushing..at least I (and you!) am (are) dealing with it sober..with a mind that is working more and more correctly every day without a drink.

I see a psychologist about it, hasn't been a great deal of progress yet, but it's still early, and I have faith that I can do it, work through it, and get past it, and that you can too

If you ever need to vent, I'm glad you would rather do it on this board instead of into the bottom of a bottle.

Keep your head up, and do whatever needs to be done to work optomisim into your life.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I only get depressed when I am coming off the drugs.
Other than that I am the biggest goofball dork you will ever meet.
And I have to agree with Dee.
I may have lost my way here and there. But I am a true believer in Jesus.
I will keep my opinion to myself as to what I think about that comment.
As with any addiction. It is very common to have depression...Especially when snapping back to reality.
Thats me...because I know better and I know I can beat this ****.
I know my potential and it pisses me off that I let myself get sucked back into a life that only leads nowhere.
I want to be somebody and go somewhere positive in life.
My problem is that I still think it can be done without a support system or program.
I know it cant...I just think I can pull it off I guess is what it is.
Time to give that idea up. Because obviously it isnt working.
I also think it is time for me to go to meetings and make Jesus a part of my life. Believing isnt enough for me right now.
I need him in my life everyday in some way shape or form.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
outtahere

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
I only get depressed when I am coming off the drugs.
It is a "tough" climb coming down

And when the going get tough the...