Notices

sorry about this, im really hurting.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi Inrto - thanks for the update.
You've been in my thoughts and prayers today.

I had the sleep thing, too, when i got sober. After nine months of not sleeping, the doc finally put me on something to help. Guess what it did. Made me sleep too much.
And I walked around like I was shest deep in a river ... all groggy ... I told her, heck I could be hung OVER and feel THIS good .... LOL
But for a while there, even the doc was saying , yep, *barb* I think something may be broke. I don't take that any more. They want us to get as much of the alcohol out fo the system to see whats going to repair on it's own, I think,...

even without sleep = you sound better today. that's a very good thing.

we're here if you need us!
barb
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Well, made it thru the day. Feelin pretty normal. What a difference a day makes.

All I need is a nice dinner, a good nites sleep and im ready to fly back home.

Definitely no beer at dinner tonite. I have no interest in alcohol whatsoever......for now.

But Im afraid that a week will go by, and the bad memories of yesterday will be all forgotten. Sheez.

I'll just have to come back here and post so I dont give in.

Intro
Old 10-04-2007, 02:18 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Good Morning, gonna apologize in advance. Waiting for my ride to work to call. Could have to go at any second so if I sign off in midsentence, that's why.

To Introvrtd1 and anyone else reading this who has and will relapse.

RECOVERY IS A PROCESS, NOT AN EVENT!

Picture a baby learning to walk, the baby struggles to get up on it's feet, falls, tries again, falls. The baby then takes a few steps and will probably fall again. Rarely does a person decide to get clean and sober and make it all the way on the first try. I shared with others on another thread. I nicknamed myself years ago, 'Queen of Relapse'. Today after 32 years of using, 27 of those trying to get clean and sober, I finally have 2 years and 2 1/2 months. But I'm not cured! It's a day to day process for me too and even those who are Blessed to have 30 years clean!

Just don't beat yourself up for relapsing! I did and it kept me out there even longer. Learn from your relapse. What happened before you picked up? I understand from skimming through these posts that you are overseas. Meetings not available. Instead of picking up a drink, pill, line, rig, whatever, pick up this computer and use this as your meeting. As you can see, there is alot of love and support here. I just found this site over the weekend and I sure wish it was here for me 2 years ago. But I've found it now and that's what matters.

Remember, one day at a time. Just get through today. If you need to look at it in hours, so be it. Just dont project towards later and worry on what's gonna happen then. Sure, set up a plan, but a positive one.

My ride is gonna call at any second. I'll jump on here this evening and hope you're here. I'll be looking for you.

K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
Old 10-04-2007, 02:46 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear you are doing better intro, I am one of the few who has not had a relapse since I came out of detox, I credit several things for that:

1. Alcohol I credit as #1, it gave me a good solid butt whipping, beath me down into submission..... I surrendered to alcohol first. Alcohol was the first thing in my life that I fought long and hard and finally threw in the towel.

2. The whole program of AA.

3. People who are honest when they relapse!!! I pay very close attention to anyone who relapses and is honest enough to share they did and what happened that led to it.

Intro I thank you for sharing your relapse, it has helped me & others to stay sober another day. You know you never have to relapse again, take everything you have used so far that worked in keeping you sober, examine what led to your relapse, add what ever is needed to prevent that from happening to what you already had and you will be stronger then before.

Sharing that you relapsed is a part of your recovery, if you had tried to hide your relapse or lied about it, that would have been a step backwards, being honest is progression, not regression.

Prayers still there for you!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Oh Intro, I so feel for you. I manage to sleep the night but just barely, and with the help of sleeping pills, which just leave me shaky the next morning).

Wherever you are it must be night, and I hope you made it through the day without drinking. Wish I could.

Alyce
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Intro, You can see the difference from one day just imagine one week and one month! It will take some time for your body to readjust, but I promise you it will. When I first quit drinking I would wake up so early in the morning...like 4A.M. so I just got my coffee and sat in my yard. God was so good to me, much to my surprise a stray cat had a litter under my shed, I got to visit with these beautiful kittens every morning as they played with each other. They grew so fast...I actually looked forward to getting up in the morning to see them. Weird how things work out. Please stay strong, You can do this...You are worth it!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well,

We went out after work to a great dinner this evening. I did not want any alcohol whatsoever with my meal.

Ill just sit in the lobby, read and post, then later head up to my room and sleep..........hopefully.

I said before, I was tired all day, dozing off at meetings, but sleep tonite will be 50/50.

The appetite came back just in time for dinner and Im quite full. Ill keep drinking the water. It always settles my stomach.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It's good to see you, friend.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hang on Jimi!
Keep on going, you're doing good!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey intro, glad to hear things are calming down a bit for you. keep posting, and stay sober.

blessings, k
Old 10-04-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Just a quic check in on my lunch break. Intro, so glad you're doing better. Isn't the support here incredible? Catch ya tonight!

Isn't this supposed to be October? It's 93 here today. Fall? Uh, feels like mid August!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

So what you gonna do now Intro? You got some great advice here and I imagine by now the horrors have subsided...so...what's going to happen? Cause, I can guarantee there is more of what you found - and worse - during your binge - you are lucky you weren't fired?? And it's gonna get worse. Or you can choose recovery - AA or anything that works. Either way, if you quit drinking you got a chance if you don't quit, well get ready for a very sad and very short life (if you're lucky)

Good luck
Cathy31
x
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi Intro -

just checkin in ... again...
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Morning All!

U out there Intro? Sorry I didn't jump on last night. I told someone on another thread to make sure to take care of yourself. I did that last night. I came home from work, took a shower and laid down on the bed around 6:40 pm. I didn't wake up until close to 4:00 am. I needed this sleep badly. I feel rested and rejuvinated. TGIPDF. Thank God it's pay day Friday! But, of course, in one hand and out there other but it sure is good to be able to pay the bills. I remember too many paychecks that the second they were cashed I got high/drunk and when all was said and done, not one bill was paid and what did I have to show for it? More shame. But by the Grace of God and people in the rooms of AA/NA and folks who share on here, I have 2 + years CLEAN AND SOBER! God Bless All!

Hope the days a pleasant one.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs out to intro!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Smile Im home. Thank you all!!

Thank you all in this thread for your tremendous support during my ordeal.

You held my hand in your thoughts and prayers across the miles and sought to make sure I was in good hands. I cant thank you enough for making me feel as though I was.

We landed safely back in town late last Friday afternoon. We are back in our home office.

I have spent the last three days in complete rest and recovery. I was already in outpatient rehab and counseling, before going out of town and relapsing.

It is my renewed commitment to continue working the program, taking it one step at a time. My goals are one minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month, one year, and so on.

Will continue to read and post here as well, and when Im having a "moment", I promised myself I would come here, pick up the phone, share my feelings with the wife, anything to keep sober.

Again, I must say, "Thank you". For without this site, and the good folks here and your prayers to God for my well being, I could only imagine the horror suffered and how much worse off I would have been that fateful nite.

Feeling better, doing well, and healing. More determined than ever to live in recovery and remain sober.

This is no goodbye, its just see ya later.

Your friend in recovery.........

Introvrtd1

aka "Jimi"
Old 10-07-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Introvrtd1,

I am so glad you are doing well. And what an ordeal. OMIGOD!!!

Alyce