Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you checked back!

Here is a link full of information
excerpts from the book that convinced me to quit drinking

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

I have many AA friends who use meds for
their bi-polar condition with positive reults.
I hope this will be true for you too.

Blessings

Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Atticus1!

A big warm welcome from me, too! Please keep coming back... share your days and/or nights with us! We care. I cheer you for coming to this site and having the courage to post. Be proud of your courage and I wish you strength to go with it....
It takes strength and courage to stay away from that first drink.

Do you attend any AA meetings? Do you have AA reading material? Free pamphlets are usually available at all the meetings and I found it helpful to have them around the house so that in tough times or feeling-alone times, I had good reading material to occupy my thoughts and get me balanced again. I believe that the more meetings we attend, the faster we make progress. We strive for progress, not perfection.

Good things may not always come easy and good things may not always feel good, but.... they'll feel RIGHT! You'll be amazed if you continue on the AA path, for you shall come to know the good life and you will always have it so long as you do the RIGHT things!

As a newcomber, I was asked how badly I wanted sobriety? Was I willing to go to any lengths to get it? You bet I was! I would have done cartwheels all day if I was told to!

Hope to see you here often. Would like so much to know you better. Hang tough, okay?

Luv

Last edited by luv2all; 06-20-2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: I forgot to delete this from the bottom before sending.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Goodmorning everyone !

Goodmorning everyone!
It's probably not actually morning where most of you are. But here it's a beautiful sunshiny winter morning. I have only just finished exams - so it's a rare opportunity just to go slowly and revel in the day.
I can't believe this is only the 3rd time I've posted! Your kind replies have been so inclusive I was looking forward to coming back - so again thank you.
As I said in my 1st post I'm not really sure what to do once here - I'm guessing we all need each other and to be needed is a marvellous thing. It may seem premature - but I would love to add my support to anyone who's having a 'moment' - sometimes a moment is all that it takes to determine what happens next.
So please feel free to ask me any questions - I will try to answer them - and hopefully we'll come to 'know' each other as time goes on.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you Carol - and hello - it's lovely to meet you.
I am currently medicated for my bi-p. As your friends probably have found finding suitable medication is a challenge - and often just as challenging to stay on meds.
I'll look at the link you suggested and thanks again.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi luv2all - thank you for the welcome.
I went to AA meetings a couple of years ago - tried a few different mixes of people -but it didn't work for me - I think because I hadn't had bipolar diagnosed at that stage and so I didn't really know what I was dealing with. My depression was horrendous at the time and I found AA too depressing for me when in that state.
As any bipolar person will tell you - when I was manic I didn't think I had a problem.
Now my bipolar is ok have been thinking of returning to AA - I guess searching for this website is part of that reaching out.
I must admit though that already I like the fact that this site is available any time from home. Do you attend meetings as well ?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi atticus,

Welcome to SR, bet its warm up there its cold down here in Melbourne - brrr Glad your here read and post and stay around.

Kevin
Old 06-21-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi barb - my next step ? I would really like to be able to start relying on myself again.
This will sound odd - but lately I've been thinking about the fact that I don't really know myself very well. Once upon a time I would feel that I would have some idea as to how I might react in a given situation. Almost like a collection of familiar tools to use in given circumstances.
I have become unreliable to others which is bad enough.
As well as this I now feel I have no inner self to rely on.
So my next step may be looking for someone inside of me who is still there and is somehow still whole.
Thank you for asking that question - you made me think - and made me sad. But being sad is actually welcome because it means I still have feelings.
Oh dear - I'm not very good at this stuff .
Old 06-21-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi teej - thanks for your lovely welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you all little by little.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Rose - your cat is cool. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Kevin - not as cold as previous few days - nearly got blown away on Wednesday.
Today is a lovely day - what are you up to ?
Old 06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Won't reply to everyone individually - realised I was repeating myself - boring. Sorrry.
Do want to say a really big collective hello to all - I love all your kind words, pictures, thoughts. Remember when you were kids - did you have a special box to keep 'precious' things in? Mine was an old biscuit box I kept under my bed. Every now and then I would take everything out slowly and carefully - old letters, cards, photos - would look at everything and read all the words and feel close to everone 'in' my tin. That's how I felt this morning when I opened this 'treasure trove' of postings. Can't wait to get to know you guys.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Smile Welcome

Glad to have you with us, Atticus. This is a great place with lots of kind and understanding people. Keep reading and posting