Notices

Hoping for a week

Old 06-10-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hoping for a week

IF I can make it through another day. And that's a big if...

This past week has been SO incredibly LONNGGGG.... I went from "YES I can do this!!!" on Wednesday of last week, to looking everything up, on this and other websites, about drinking in moderation. Problem is, I think I already know that I can't do that. What in the world it is that makes me think I can THIS time, I simply don't know.

My emotions are all over the place. I felt pretty good the last few days, but today was DOWN. I really don't want to go the meds route again for the depression -- still need to take off the 40 lbs gained. Ended up sleeping for a few hours this afternoon because I felt so tired. Drinking does dull things -- makes everything copacetic.

I try to read the forum as much as I can. You've all helped me in more ways than you could ever imagine.

When, IF EVER, does it get easier?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

********{newleaf}}}}}

I know how tough those longgggggg days are. It does get better, everyone is different of course. I can't give you a definite time. I know it gets worse than you can ever believe to go back drinking/using though. THAT is a guarantee.

Keep doing the next right thing. And keep reaching out! Many have gone through the same things and we understand the emotions being all over the place and the anxiety and sadness and fear.

You CAN make it........******{Encouraging Hugs}}}}}
Old 06-10-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I know it gets really hard sometimes. And yes ..time seems to drag.
It is for me too.
But try and focus on staying sober first.
One thing at a time. Dont overwhelm yourself with weight loss and whatever else as well.
Your sobriety should be priority one.
It is an emotianal train wreck at times. We all go through it.
It will pass. You just need to stay strong. Find something to help you work your sobriety and believe in yourself.
You can do it.
We are here for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hg047.jpg (40.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

hang in there new leaf..pls believe me...it gets better...I got a 'Mickey Rourke'* and I ain't going back if I can help it

D
*9 1/2 weeks
Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, New Leaf! Welcome=) You realize that you can't control your drinking... that's HUGE! Yes, it can be quite hard at first because the alcohol isn't there to numb your feelings. It can seem as though every thing is awful and the mistakes you made in the past can seem larger than life. Also, I think it is pretty natural physiologically to feel depressed when you first get sober. It will get better. Keep doing what you're doing. Come talk to us on SR. If you're willing, go to meetings. Do whatever you have to do to maintain your sobriety. Thinking of you!!! Stay strong!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey new leaf, sending you hugs and encouragement. recovery is possible. blessings, k