# 21 (permalink)  

Ohhh! Blerk!!!!

Gotcha!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

one's definition of blerk is a very personal thing
to me it's like when Lucy gets kissed by Snoopy...'blech'

(no, not the 'you got some 'splaining to do' Lucy....)

ouch, my head hurts

D
Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey guys. See - Gypsy knew what I meant! Thanks Gypsy.

I had a non blerky morning but this afternoon got suddenly blerky again.

I was feeling all happy this morning. That's not all that great sometimes. My last slip was at a time when I was feeling almost manaically happy. I had a telephone conference call with some Australians. Kiwis will understand the stress of that. Sorry Dee but we are not a state of Australia. Anyhoooo, an email came through from a work friend who is still drinking heavily. Suddenly I had to go. I felt like drinking so bad. I wanted to go out at lunchtime and get drunk. Simple. So I broke into the conference, made my apologies, got up out of my chair and almost ran to my lunchtime meeting. Phew.

I was thinking about my phone. Work phones ring. I never had a problem with that. But home phones used to cause me a really big problem. When they rang I hated it. I mean it was really weird. I used to look at it with panic. The idea of answering used to fill me with a sort of dread. It usually meant trouble. I felt checked on when it rang. I didn't want to talk to anyone socially. It seemed to be a really big deal - interfering sort of thing. Intrusive. Now it rings and my reaction is much better - someone wants to talk to me!! Does anyone know what I mean or am I more nutty than most?

I get so confused about drinking and sobriety. I deal with quite complicated things at work but the steps and BB and AA stuff gets me in a complete fizz. I have no idea what most people are talking about usually. There is so much to remember. Hurry up, slow down, page this, step that, saying blee, tradition blah. I am less confused by transfer pricing tax. I have managed to grasp a few of the concepts. Like - Drink = die, Steph's will = sux, steph = sick, meetings = pill, HP will = much better than Steph's and I got that it's not that hard for non alchies to have a couple and go back to work. Sometimes I feel like a 4 year old trying to read Shakespeare.

Day 17 almost over. I have to make dinner now. I am pretty tired and flat today. Not feeling all that physically well. I hope I get a good rest tonight.

I'll check all the threads after dinner.

Love and hugs to everyone on SR.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I had a telephone conference call with some Australians. Kiwis will understand the stress of that. Sorry Dee but we are not a state of Australia.
You're not ? he he
no, I understand - ex was an NZ girl. I've been re-educated !

try not to 'think' too much - doing is enough...hard I know...I'm a bugger for it.
D
Old 06-07-2007, 12:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Dee,

Try not to think too much. I have to remember that too!

I am all for that. I really have no idea what I should be remembering from one minute to the next.

How are you doing today anyhow?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am doing well, Steph...I seem to be losing the cravings which is great, and making a new better me, which is even greater...

pretty tired now though !

D
Old 06-07-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
try not to 'think' too much - doing is enough...hard I know...I'm a bugger for it.
D
I think I will take that advice today! Thanks Dee.

Hi Steph, I hope your'e doing OK today.