Notices

Day 36.....

Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"For the moment, life is good"

Day 36.....

It seems a bit unreal that I am still sober. I truely believed I would relapse within a short time of stopping drinking. That was my usual pattern and I never made it past the first week. I did have 5 months sober in the early part of 06, but I never felt good during that time and the struggle was almost unbearable. I constantly obsessed about alcohol. This time it's different. No obsessions. I wake up rested with no help of sleep aids. I am taking a newer anti-depressant that I believe to be the key to my sobriety. With it I am able to keep focus on the things I have to do daily. I don't feel drug out and my racing thoughts have stopped. I am able to see things clearly on a daily basis.
Since my sobriety I have seen the trust of my husband, mother and 2 of my 3 children returning. They even tell me I am pleasant to talk with and be around. My husband has seen that I am able to follow through on whatever I am doing. My friend says I have color in my cheeks and a sparkle in my eye. And one of the better things of my sobriety is that my son is coming to visit. My son and I were very close and then he joined the. I felt like he joined to get away from me, not to better his life. I was there for his graduation and cherished the very short time I got to spend with him. 9 months ago we got into an argument, while I was drunk, and our relationship took a horrible turn for the worst. He came back into my life in April, while I was hospitalized. He now knows that he can call me and I will be sober and that if I call him, I'm not drunk. Before his plan was to come here to Cheyenne and spend his 2 week leave with his sister and friends. Now he says he can't wait to have some one on one time with me. I am so proud of him and tell him that as often as I can. Tomorrow I get to tell him that in person.
I keep finding reasons to be sober and it feels great. I realized now how very blessed I am in my life. Being drunk all the time, I never saw the good in life. I never wish to go back to that point in my life. Thanks for letting me share.....
Laceyhearts.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Navy 086.jpg (79.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Lacey, what a lovely thing that is about your son! I am so happy for you.
Well done on your sober time too.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Great post Lacey.
Glad your doing so good.
Keep it up.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
11425.gif (18.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-02-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Lacy.

I too have had streaches of sobriety. not near 5 months though! I think that is helping you find your way a little differently now. I am looking forward to day 30. Congrat's. Good Work with your son. He sounds like a forgiving and patient young man. 2 qualities that our society doesn't cherish much anymore. you should be proud of him.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Simply awesome what we are blessed with in sobriety!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your joy!

A special hug for your son
what a fine young man.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lacey, that is wonderful!

Great photo!