Notices

feeling very unwell

Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

bfree..
you're not thinking, you're worrying...there is a difference...

I'm not preaching pie in the sky...I know things are really stressful but worrying doesn't really solve anything...and I'm a past master...but I really find myself much calmer and happier when I put the time and effort I used to put into simply worrying into looking for solutions

I really hope something comes through soon re housing...and keep up with the recovery...sober life shouldn't be insane or something you hate

sorry if I sound like an evangelist ! LOL
D
Old 06-03-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

dee the very wise evangelist.. itry to look for solutions rather than freak, but I feel like I dug myself in so deep it is gonna be the hardest thing I have ever and will ever have to do to dig myself out
Im not giving uo Iam trying the best I can, but will my best be good enough.

B
Old 06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

like I dug myself in so deep it is gonna be the hardest thing I have ever and will ever have to do to dig myself out
Quit digging.

Surrender.

Don't try it yourself.

It's a lot easier, trust me.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I am not ready to totally surrender. I am not even sur if I know what that means.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:49 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by bfree4u View Post
dee the very wise evangelist.. itry to look for solutions rather than freak, but I feel like I dug myself in so deep it is gonna be the hardest thing I have ever and will ever have to do to dig myself out
Im not giving uo Iam trying the best I can, but will my best be good enough.

B
RESISTING THE URGE to say bless you my child

you know those mothers who find superhuman strength to lift cars off their babies? OK...LOL maybe that's an urban legend, but Our Best can still be pretty amazing sometimes...

I'm very confident yours will be Beth !
HUGS
D
Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Beth, I know the mental anguish you are going through, every alcoholic/addict does. It is our own personal stuff but I am sure it is very similar for us all.
You do have to just hold tight, the early mental stuff is hell but does start improving.
I dont wanna sound like an AA promoter (only been to 5 meetings lol) but I am finding they help. Did you make that meeting you were gonna go to btw?
Have an empathy hug!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
believer

Bfree i did not understand what surrender was...i speak fluent english...and i do know what surrender means, but yet i couldn't understand it because i am a fighter in general...i though i had to stop fighting for my Life, to surrender...last saturday i went to church and i kept repeating what Cali and Glass prisioner said to me: surrender...i was too tired...the priest said those who hadn't confess shouldn't take the body of Christ...as always i believed i could confess to God instead of a priest...When i went to take IT, i was crying and then i understood what surrender was...i didn't have to be hopeless anymore...Even in the worst situation i will still see a light as long as i am sober...that's all..surrender means tired of hurting against a wall, rolling on the floor crying, no more...that's my lesson of this week.