Notices

What do you think about caffeine?

Old 05-25-2007, 03:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I rarely drink caffinated beverages. They make me anxious and jumpy which is a sensation I hate. (One of the many reasons I drank.) I'm not neurotic about it. If I'm on a long drive, I wouldn't hesitate to drink some--then it REALLY works!

Just a personal thing.

jane
Old 05-25-2007, 03:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hot choccie and marshmallows yum
Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ah caffeine, the dirty little culprit. Personally I love the stuff, I found once I stopped drinking, I couldn't get enough coffee through the day, not a good choice for any of us. I soon ran into problems, for us females it affects our breasts (can I use that word here) I developed a lot of cysts which are darn painful, my dr told me to get rid of the caffeine, so I have, I drink decaff and the pain is gone now.

Pepto bismol can be yummy Kevin LOL, it's a lovely pink colour with a nice taste to it, but I wouldn't recommend drinking it on a dailey basis, it's for upset stomaches.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

xX, thanks for this thread.. a sponsse and myself just had this same conversation...

i never was a real coffee drink'r...

at my 90 group celebration.. was wait'n to say a few sylables... and my addicted brain said... hey zip, why not have some coffee, it gets you buzzed... i did... and it did... i was wired, real nerved up...

well, zoom in on 4 years later... i can now drink most of the times 6-10 cups a day... combine that witjh cig smoke'n, and i now have the manic highs from the El Cafe', and the depressant from the smokes... high//low, what a joke... i handle it most of the times...

i find, when i dont eat during the day... at meets time at night i can be a little squirrly... i say... no more coffee zip... guess what.. you got it.. pour me a coffee... the result... wiredville...

xX, i know that i shouldnt do this to my body... just, for today.. my life aint unmanagable from it... lol...yet!

dont drink coffee, and go to meetings... lol

xxoo ya, rz
Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
I will have a small latte extra strong and two sugars please
Kevin, please try to stick with the relevance of the thread. Here's ya two lumps :slap: -- and two seconds away from hitting the ignore button.

I used to complain about having really bad insomnia. I drank about 10 cups of coffee a day and smoked a pack of cigarettes daily. Go figure. Well, I quit both of those over 18 months ago. I sure sleep a lot better! And my stomach problems mysteriously disappeared, too.

Although, I still make a mistake now and again by walking down the coffee isle, where all the fresh roasted beans are...ugh...it's sheer torture. It smells so good.

Last edited by Midas; 05-25-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Coffee has never 'wired' me - I drink one cup in the morning, and maybe one in the afternoon. I absolutely love my morning cup. Something about the smell. I have coffee scented candles. I would wear coffee perfume if I could. And a coffee scented car air-freshener! That might keep me awake during my morning commute!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I LOVE folgers in my cup!!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Smile

I was a huge coffee drinker when I was drinking. Lots of booze to sleep - lots of caffeine to wake up! I stopped all my caffeine intake when I was detoxing to help keep anxiety down, and after about a week, I found that I didn't need it as much as I used to. I rarely drink coffee now, but I find the occassional cup of tea to be much better. Somehow my caffeine sensitivity has increased dramatically with sobreity!

I don't see why anyone would have to stop all caffeine intake, but I do think that caffeine can have a subtle, but pervasive effect on reactivity and irritability. So, some people (myself included) may find it easier to ride the emotional rollercoasters without the extra push of caffeine.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi B2B sorry if I derailed your thread or was OT.

Coffee is fine for me in moderation.

Kevin
Old 05-26-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
rat
rattus norvegicus

Is it really possible to live a 'drug-free' life, using the strict sense of the word?

Almost everyone, everyday, all the world over, takes some form of drug.

I recently heard of a college student who died of water intoxication during a
radio show contest.

Last edited by rat; 05-26-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
believer

I am substituting cofee with coco for kids..lol..

Rat I heard a story of a man who died because he ate too many sausages in a competition.....