Notices

Rose if your out there...

Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rose if your out there...

Just saying"hi" and thinking of you. Its not easy this this dam addiction is horrible but you keep posting/lurking here ok. Im coming up day 13 today not gonna do my "YIPPEE Ive done X amount of days till I feel IVE done it!! Im promised myself if Im sober/clean for six months Im getting sky tv as hubby made me give it up *SOB* as we have got ourselves in trouble with IRD but its only $11 a week heck
not even the price for a good bottle of wine!! so thats my goal.
Anyhow take care remmember post here and one step at a time dont lookat the long picture say to yourself "im not having a drink now... keep busy walk the dog ring friends etc take care
Ang
Old 05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree, hi Rose I hope you keep coming back here.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

angie, 13 days is awesome. keep up the good work.
rose, keep coming.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well-hi Angie-and thank you for thinking of me.I was surprised to find this thread-what a sweetie you are!

I come here every day to read.Everything I read here encourages me-listening to your experiences.

13 days is fantastic-I am proud of you.

The reason I don't post much here is because it feels wrong given I haven't stopped drinking yet.I'd feel like a hypocrite if I said much at all- but I am here and I do care about the people who post here-strange as that may sound given I haven't been here long.But I can't stay away either.In the short time I've joined these boards I have been so encouraged by posts and some PM's from wonderful, caring people.

It's like I'm gearing up to do what you've all done and reading your struggles and triumphs helps give me courage.

I really appreciate you thinking of me.Thank you so much and again-congratulations on getting this far.That's amazing.

Rose
Old 05-04-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh-and thank you Stone, livefree and others too.You all encourage me.

Rosexox
Old 05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rose,

I have been to 2 meetings so far. Not everyone that goes to meetings is sober. There are people going to meetings drunk.

Stay and post. I know it helps me!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Rose I used to
read posts in the day then trot off down to the supermarket to get wine so I felt like you that I felt I was a hypercrite (sp) reading the posts here then gettilng sozzled then posting the next day with my tail between my legs. Yup I feel kinda proud of me being day 13 but still scared as heck that temptation will come back and lets face it it will !!,just with you guys here my antidepressents and god and family I will be sober . I still say Im not drinking today rather than never and hey it is pycologicol and if you say "Ive never drinking again"! then part of you goes "sod it"!!! why CANT I!!! but if you say just for that day then its "not ever".
Have a great day the sun is shinning hopefully I can get some washing done as house resembles a chinese laundry lol what with 3 kids 13, 11, and 17 months
Take care Ang
Old 05-04-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks BWMD and Angie.I'll be around-not going anywhere-just not posting too much.

Yes angie-it's a gorgeous day here today-I'm going to take my dog to the local dog park later(can't right now as the local soccer teams play on it in the mornings) but it's just too beautiful a day to waste.I know the rain is going to set in soon enough and I hate that!

Anyway-I wish you all a wonderful day-or night-if that's what it is where you are!

Rose.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

This place wouldn't be much good if we were all saintly sober veterans, Rose...

I think this place is for everyone with a genuine desire to stop drinking...we're just all at different points...

keep posting !!
D
Old 05-05-2007, 01:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Angie.....

Congrats on 13 days....keep up the good work.

Rose....

The first step is admitting you have a problem....

The forums are for those who struggle with addictions and their familes..

I have bipolar in addition to my addiction...just because I am

stabilized on meds doesn't mean I can't post on the Mental Health

Forums and continue to seek advice and support.

You see, I am not cured..just maintained...

I am not cured of my addictions...I have been granted a reprieve

on a daily basis that by the Grace of God has added up to

11 months on the 8th.

Don't give up...stay honest, and keep sharing.

We need you...

I need you to remind me to be grateful for each daily reprieve.

Love you,

Sherry
Old 05-05-2007, 01:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry angie
I must have missed that little factoid...
congrats on 13 days !

D
Old 05-05-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dee-thank you.I appreciate being reminded that you are all struggling-every day.I just see you all as better than me because you manage to stop sometimes.I seem unable to do this right now.

Every morning I wake up and think-no more.Today you won't drink.You don't need it.You deserve better.You're stronger than this....

And every day I fail.

Sherry-what a kind person you are.Thank you for reminding me that I in some way help you.I'd never considered that.

'Stay honest'? Well-that's a lot of the reason why I don't post after about 1pm here in N.Z. I'll be drinking by then usually-and I feel like a complete fake if I post in that state here.It feels disrespectful to me to do that when you're all here fighting the urge that I've given in to.I hope that makes sense.

Having said that, I just keep coming back to these boards.I want to participate much more than I have-but until I take the step to quit-I'll just hang around and read mostly.Or reply to anyone who is bored enough to bother with my thread-LOL

Thank you all for caring.I'm pretty sure that's a lot of the reason I come back.That and your honesty.I admire you.

Rose xox
Old 05-05-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Rose, I think you're a very honest person. I don't think anyone gets offended by the difficulty to stay sober...hell, we all know what it's like.

Don't give up on yourself!!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

BacktoBlack-thank you!

I have to tell you-last night before I went to bed-I read your post about wanting a cheeseburger.I went to sleep and dreamt I was in McDonalds and woke up hungry with a craving for one at 3 in the morning!

Funny what sticks in our minds
Old 05-05-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Hahaha! Did you go out and get one?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I wanted to-but the closest McDonalds from here is a 20 minute drive so I decided I could wait.(also-it was cold last night-my warm bed was far more attractive)

Might still go there today though-I keep thinking of it-LOL!
Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Rose, great to see you! I know how you feel about posting when drinking, I feel the same way although I have done it sometimes cos I was lonely at the time. No-one will shout at you or think badly of you if you do it. If anyone understands we do! And don't be down on yourself because you aren't quitting yet, you will do it when you are ready, you are already building up to it now so well done for starting on the road to recovery!
Old 05-06-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Stone,

Thanks for this.

Yesterday, I drank less.

I'm not fooling myself into believing I can gradually cut down(nice idea-but I know myself too well-LOL) but I just felt better.I had more energy and wanted to DO things.It reminded me of how I used to be before this all caught up with me.It's weird but the only way I can describe it is like there are two people inside me.The drunk one keeps pushing life away, the other one is pushing me to act-reminding me of the energy I once had which I believe is the desire to live-and be happier.

The more I 'do' the less I want to drink.Does that make sense?Or maybe it's just me distracting myself-I'm not sure.

Anyway-thank you for the encouragement and understanding.I really appreciate it,

Rosexox
Old 05-06-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
believer

Let the other good part kick the drunk part's butt
Old 05-07-2007, 12:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This made me laugh-thank you.

I wish I was that strong.

Rosexox