Notices

Think I know why quitting is hard for me

Old 01-09-2007, 10:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Think I know why quitting is hard for me

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking tonight. I think I'm afraid to take step 3 again. I know I have to do step 1 first, but 1 and 3 go hand in hand for me. I knew some other people in the rooms the same way. Step 3 was always one of my favorite steps. I was always close to my higher power, even when I went back out again. That is until 2004. My baby nephew died at the age of 1 day old. I prayed all the time for my sister until he was born and then he was gone. She has another baby now and I didn't pray this time for her. My niece is 1 1/2 years old now. I have no idea why I have so much problems with this. I even lost it at the funeral and he wasn't even my baby. My sister doesn't understand this either. So now I can hardly pray at all unless its Christmas or something and I rarely go to church now. I know I could use the AA group as a whole for my higher power or something else. But that has not work for me in the past. Any suggestions?

Barb
Old 01-09-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am not one to say much right now ...but your church is inside of you...sure praying is okay..I am a Christian..but getting my personal angels is much more effective..I know they are here..and for a reason..your prayers for your nephew were out of love but also out of your control...It is not for me to control the world..only myself and my reactions to it... I don't love a GOD ...I need my friend..my mentor and my guide...That is God.. That is given thru my angels that are beside me every day.OMG..I am talking to myself as well as you..I just lost my sister..but I have her closer than ever before. Your nephew was not your baby..he was your soul..he had a purpose..you can show that by honoring your love for him...bringing him up inside of yourself as what this boy was a good human that deserves all you want and can give him.
You need to honor your niece also..she may actually be ..who knows..the same soul???.... just anouther body...heck I don't know.. Even if she isn't so what..
My Grandma (my dad's favorite) died on my first birthday..My sister was buried on my second birthday...well you can guess how I was viewed in my family
Well these are my angels...Just a couple

All I am saying is that Your higher power is in you...AA I do not tend to agree with on some of the ideas they have..God bless the people they help!! just not for me...Clear your head..look inside..it's all there .. just like "The wizard of Oz"..there is no place like home..bless you
guess for someone that didn't have much to say...hope it helped
Old 01-10-2007, 03:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR pr2007...
glad you are here.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

scaredykat....
Roe me...prayer is like having a conversation
with my best friend.