Notices

Don't really know why I am posting

Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't really know why I am posting

I have been back to drinking for almost a month now. I am back in the rut of "loving" it and not imagining my life without it, and hating it more than anything in the world at the same time. I was offered the job of my dreams today. It is everything I have ever wanted and then some. It means that starting next semester, I will be a grad supervisor and go to school full-time. I KNOW that if I keep this b.s. up I won't be able to do it, but I just can't seem to give it up again. I know that I have to.
Thank you all for all of your support.
Katie
Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

May I quote a very good saying?....

“When you get into a tight place and...it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and the time that the tide will turn.” -Harriet Beecher Stowe

You have your answer. You can do it! It just starts by not drinking tomorrow. Baby steps ****. We are all behind and beside you!

NO FEAR!
Hoeboe
Old 12-05-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hoeboe is right ****. This job happened at this time for a reason. And, the reason is to give you the push you need to stop drinking. Are you ready?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You ARE the Goddess if change! Celebrate the job offer by not drinking starting tomorrow. Begin day one and keep counting with us. I'm new to this. The start/stop, start/stop pattern is all too familiar to me, but I also need to take the bull by the horns to realize my dreams.

I'll help along with others and CHEER YOU on!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey ****
You stopped in the summer right before I did. Hope you're alright.

I don't think you'll 'love' the booze for too long. You know it sucks right?

Anyway... go for the job and quit drinking. You deserve to be happy!!!

You did it before you can do it again. I've had one bad night since the beginning of last July thankfully.

You know once you stop it gets easier. You know that...

Cheers
Old 12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the job offer, ****. I'll count days with you, too. We can all do it together!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by **** ma View Post
I was offered the job of my dreams today. It is everything I have ever wanted and then some.
That says it all doesn't it ?

Good luck !!!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I see this as a huge defining event in your life.

Choose wisely and you will win....
keep drinking and you will reap despair.

Blessings..
Old 12-05-2006, 07:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi ****,

thanks for checking in with us. We still care for you and want the best in your life.

I'm really happy you have such positive options to choose from in your life today. When i kept drinking, i lost those options, little by little. I didn't lose them in a big dramatic manner, but, energetically and internally, where only I knew about it, I was depleting my best self by halves every time I indulged in the error of thinking that wine is my friend and that I could control it. The hangover, the remorse, the phenomena of craving once i had 1 glass.....there's where my energy to be my best self went.

If you feel free and enjoy drinking moderately then there should be no inner conflict. No?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey ****,

I havn't posted here in almost a month, something made me stob by, and the first thing I see is someone that helped me though those those first few tough months needing a push in the right direction.
You wouldn't have bothered to post if you didn't want to quit. Give it another try it just might stick this time. Take that job and give it all you got it sober, isn't really better that way. Tell the truth now...

Tommorow can be the first day of the rest of your sober life.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're still hanging on with us. Obviously things aren't great out there in drinking land or you wouldn't be here telling us how you hate it more than anything. Use that to counter the thought that makes a drink sound good. Remember all the pain and anguish both mentally and physically. Relive it everytime a drinking thought comes into your mind. Then turn right to the positive thoughts of success and clarity in this new job.

Personally the mental pain far outweighed the physical pain for me in the end. It still tries to get hold, but I come here and go to AA and get REALLY honest with my motives. I "tell on my disease" and it runs and hides. It likes to creep up without being noticed. Sounds kind of corny, but if you think of it that way it kind of gives you the upper hand of being smarter than the sneaky little man in your head.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of your posts. I read someone else's post today and they said that the mornings and afternoons are okay, but it's the nights that they struggle. I feel the same way. I can't tell you how many times I woke up and didn't want a drink. I always think "last night will be the last night" until I get home from work or school and am dying for that first drink. I know that I have to stop because of the job I just got. I just remember how hard it was in the beginning when I quit last time. It's going to be hard to go through that again. Thank you all for your support. The day is coming...

Katie
Old 12-06-2006, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I remember you, glad you posted again. Congrats! on the new job offer. That is amazing stuff and your right that sooner or later the booze will interfere with that job. I hope you quit sooner than later and save yourself alot of heartache. You deserve to be sober and happy. Change your focus and find another passion.
Joanne