Notices

I'm scared

Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm scared

I'm new to this..and I'm very nervous about this. I'm only 23 years olds and I have a big drinking problem and it has almost ruined my world. I have a three old son to raise and it's time for me to do it. I had a wonderful releationship with a wonderful man and I have messed it up. I'm not sure if I can fix my mistake I want to give it my all. I wanna be happy and I've been using alcohol and drugs to take the pain away when my life doesnt go my way. Last Friday I almost killed myself because of alcohol and drugs I dont want to do it again.. I want to get better and just need help doing although I cant check myself into a rehab place I wanna do it on my own with family and friends. Is that wrong of me.. I know I can cause I want my life back.
Christy
Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Christy.... we are glad to have you here with us.

Im sorry your hurting today but there are many on this board that have been where you are right now, you are not alone in your addiction.

Im not sure what you mean by doing it alone. I understand you dont want to go into a detox program, are you thinking you dont want to use any type of program at all?

Sounds to me like you are on the right road, admitting the problem is the first step and you have wonderful things in your life to live for.... starting with a little 3 year old son.

I look forward to getting to know you better.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Christy- welcome to SR. You will find many people here who understand and want to help. You have made a great first step by coming here. Please read, post and come back often.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Good evening Christy...

You have come to the right place. In the three weeks I've been here its helped me more than I ever imagined. I've met some very special people here and you can do the same...

The most important thing in your life is your son. If you won't get sober for yourself, you need to do it for him...

Don't wait until he is 30 years old to straighten out like I did for my daughter. You will regret it. I am speaking from experience...

Hang around here, it will work for you...

Best of luck to you...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There are many who have gotten sober without going into detox programs. I am one of them. I do hope you have a plan or are willing to formulate a plan for support. I think that is necessary. It's fine to have the love and support of friends and family, that was very invaluable to me, but I needed support and more importantly guidance from others who have been where I have been. I found that in the rooms of AA. It literally saved my life.

I'm glad you are here seeking answers. We want to help and support any way we can.

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 12-04-2006, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

It's great to see a new member...
we do understand

Blessings
Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Christy,

I am glad that you found us. There is lots of support and information here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome christy! by reaching out, you are taking a big step towards sobriety. read all you can about alcoholism-it's good to know all you can about the physical and psychological effects. try going to a meeting. search some other websites. these forums have a lot of wise and wonderful people, keep coming back!

you are lucky that you recognize your problem at such an early age. i'm nearly 20 years older than you, have a three-year-old too, and have done nearly 20 more years of damage to myself! you can do this!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Listen to these people. Keep posting and maybe try an AA meeting. I just got back from one. 25 miles away.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Christy:
Be strong and stay in this sight, it is really helpful. We all have been there....
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hello christy,

congratulations on choosing sobriety. my daughter is 22 and in recovery, she is almost at 90 days. she's finding a lot of folks her age at aa. and i know when we were looking for sober living/halfway houses, we ran into several that accomodated mothers and children. build a good support group, and do the next right thing. good luck! k
Old 12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wanna be happy and I've been using alcohol and drugs to take the pain away when my life doesnt go my way.
Very astute of you. I didn't realize that was my problem until I was 42......

Good Luck and God Bless