Notices

New World Record....for me anyway...

Old 10-27-2006, 04:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New World Record....for me anyway...

I have made it Day 61 and still 1000000000% clean and sober. I have had mixed emotions, I thought when I beat this record (my previous best was 60 days....) I would be blurting it to everyone. But unlike last time I am not armed with a goal to get obliterated for the next 2 months. Far from it. My new goal now is to stay sober for 1 year.

It's important for me to note my previous record; it was done by me 12 months ago. I had never given up drinking for longer then a few weeks so thought 60 days would be a good effort. Unfortunately I was miserable for the entire time, actually down right pissed off. Once I hit 60 days I bought enough Coke to knock over an elephant and got smashed every other day. Talk about totally defeating the purpose.

This time I have given up because I was miserable even though I was having anything I wanted, my addictions where out of control. Can I just say I do owe a debt of gratitude to this site…. I logged onto this site and knew that I had a massive problem and there where people out there dealing with it. I have and will keep enjoying where everyone is up to. I won't post agiain until Day 100 (it is triple figures..) but I will check in everyday....This site is a god send.

For me I have my sights set on getting to year 1 - 10 months to go, then I reckon year 5 or 10 sound like a another great goal, actually thinking about making these goals has me super exciting………….but one day at a time.

If you are interested to see my day by day transformation, log onto blogger. com - Blog Name - 12 weeks (I am only up to week 8..). You will note I have also been religiously following the Body For Life (BFL) 12 week health program.....talk about obsessive compulsive...anyway god bless you all. Heres hoping you are all well and sober!!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

congratulations !
Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done champ! Im into my new record too and had similar experience on earlier efforts.. reached 90 and then got wasted worse than I'd ever done before.......this time its different..
Old 10-27-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you check in regularly. You know you could post before 100 days and it would be OK.

Way to go on your 61 days!!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you've decided to go for one year... I did the same and it worked really well for me.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks!!

I am off to gym as I write this, it's 5.30am (I have been doing this for 8 weeks). I can't believe the differenece in my life. I feel like I am the luckiest person around.

You are all so supportive, I guess that's what I love about this site. Even though there are ups and downs I know that if I stay sober I am sweet. Keeping it simple really makes it simple. Don't drink and even my worst day is better then any drunk best day I can remember.

Oh it now Day 62........B R I N G - I T - O N!!!!!!!!!!