Notices

Hobbies that we pick up

Old 10-19-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hobbies that we pick up

What are some of the Hobbies that we pick up, to keep our minds off Drugs and alcohol?

I have tried reading (never read a book in my Life)

Lets hear them Guys!!!!

Post post post.....

Tom
Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hobbies

Guitar Lessons, University Degree, loitering at museums and zoos, volunteer work and exercise,
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I build flying model airplanes. I mostly build and fly stick and tissue rubber powered planes, but have tried my hand at some electric radio control. I've lost one electric plane and still visit it on the weekends in its tree

I also build science fiction plastic models. Lost in Space robot, Rocket Ship Luna, and the rocket from the 1955 Disneyland tomorrowland.

When I was drinking all I did was drink.

Jup.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

in recovery my life is so structured that i really enjoy my free time for hobbies. leave for work at 7:45am and get home at 5:45pm. usually go to a meeting between 7-8 or 8-9. that leaves me time to eat, kick back and watch tv/dvd's, and relax. for relaxation i usually download music, play on the internet, talk with friends, read, etc.

but on the weekends when i have time off ive started really seeing what chicago has to offer. recent outings include blue man group (amazing if its playing in your town), a trip to the shedd aquarium to see the komodo dragon, and a bears game. i plan on hitting up the field museum to see the king tut exhibit, catching some bulls games, and countless other things here in chicago.

so i guess my hobbies are now enjoying life.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'm a self - imposed retired artist.
I haven't been sober long enough to pick that back up, I think when my body has healed up a bit, I'll probably go back to painting , drawing, and other obscure type crafting (carving, stitching ...)
Been thinking about learning something new like stained glass. Doing my own stuff, of course ( no alcoholic thinking there - don't want to be told HOW to do it, just buy a couple of books and have AT it, you know?)

Good topic!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I enjoy collecting and preparing fossils, specifically ammonite. Luckily it's abundant locally.

Internet, long walks, yard and garden work all keep me busy.

It helps that I really like my job and have the freedom to be creative there too.

All good things. I feel like I'm just starting out in life after a long drinking career.

Good luck to all

Ron