Notices

Greetings from Sean

Old 10-06-2006, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Greetings from Sean

Hi, everyone. Thank everyone for your prayers and support with your kind and encouraging words. I wish I could be at a computer with ya’ll and share more often, but that day shall come. I’m doing well in here. My stress level is minimal because I don’t have to deal with a lot of things that ya’ll do on the outside. Although there are different things in here to deal with. Right now, I have time to work on me and really apply myself. “I wonder how it will be when I get out and have to face work, bills, child support, relationships, higher temptations.” I applaud everyone for being able to do all this at once. I feel lucky to be granted this time to establish a strong foundation in recovery. I don’t think I could have pulled it together like this on the street, and God knew that. My outlook on life and how to live has been changed, not by me but by my HP. I just put in some work and followed the guidance granted me from my HP through the 12 steps, the Bible, and other things I read, like here at SR. I wish I could respond to everyone, but by the time I get to read what everyone is talking about and reply, those have passed. I do get the privilege of learning from many different people in many different circumstances, and for this I’m thankful. What I’ve written here is for everyone to read, not just to the specific names. Thanks all. Sean

Ann by the Lake - “Got to have a dream before it can come true.” I like that! I had forgotten that’s how life worked when in active addiction. I just thought life happened or something. My dreams now have returned and have given my spirit a much needed lift. Like a purpose and a desire to truly live. I can’t wait to fulfill more of them, but working towards them is rewarding, also.

Marle - “our lives in recovery parallel those of our addicts…we don’t use drugs to cover the pain.” It is so awesome to see anyone recover from all forms of problems. I relate to a lot of sides because I’m an addict, co-dependent, and adult child of alcoholic (not my mother). I think co-dependency stemmed from being an ACOA, and in my addictive nature I found an escape from it all in drinking and drugs. For me, I’ve had to deal with a lot of issues from my past and grow all over again.

TonyB - Man I feel your enthusiasm as a “Young Christian.” I’ve been in or around church most of my life, even a private Christian school 6, 7, & 8th grades, but the last year or so my closeness to God has just skyrocketed. I believe all the things we went through while using just showed us how bad it is when you’re on your own, away from God, and gives you a deeper sense of His love for us.

Dakota Boyd - I’m so sorry for your loss. You have shown great growth and a lot of integrity in dealing with all life has thrown at you and are continuing to rise above the “labels.” You offer hope to many if they re willing to put in the work. Thank you, my friend, for letting me see through you that felons do have a chance. (Your sharing has helped Sean’s mom a lot, too, offering insight and teaching compassion.)

Nogard - Another winner from prison. I like that. I plan on going to as many meetings as possible when I get out. Thanks for your posts and support you offer.

GettingBetter32 - I wonder how many times I would have relapsed if I wasn’t in more of a secured place when I first got clean? You belong here at SR! I really respect all that you are dealing with , you have a full plate and then some, and it takes a lot of courage to face your addiction as you are. I believe if you keep coming back you will make it. Prayers for you and your family. Don’t leave this site, I need your experience, strength, and hope.

MNGirlyGirl - I’m doing ok in here, how are you? I’m staying close to the positive because I’ve found that the negative really sucks. My using was all negative, it just took me a while to realize it.

MyGirls MyLife - “You’re considering being a pastor or drug/alcohol counselor or both.” Have you been reading my thoughts? I’m currently taking 2 Bible correspondence courses and working towards getting a degree in Biblical studies. I would like to find out what’s involved in becoming a counselor, etc. I figure, I need recovery! I need a job also, so if I could combine the two somehow, someway, I would be able to lead a more fulfilling life and help do God’s work. Address sent to you, I hope, and I look forward to sharing ideas. Thank you for your support and concern for yourself and others. Hope to hear from you soon. I thank my Mom also, for without her I would not be able to learn and share with everyone here. Sobriety sure does feel great, doesn’t it!

51Anna - Thanks for the wishing me well. You said I’m in “difficult circumstances.” I could look at it that way, and it can be at times, but more difficult on the loved ones I have on the outside, and because I can’t do my part in the world. Difficult for me and pure hell was active addiction. Right now I feel granted an opportunity to face and accept life’s responsibilities sober for when I get out. I guess life was really bad when prison seems like a break. One more reason not to ever use again, and look forward to a real and better life upon release.

CarolD - Thanks for the hugs and prayers. Me and my mother both need them, and we send them back to you. I hope all is well.

Dom - where are you, man? How are you dong? I think I read your story from vacation in FL and getting honest with family and girlfriend. Honesty is a tough thing, but it truly helps us get better. I pray all is well and you showed me what having courage to change in the face of adversity is all about. Keep it up, dude!

Greeteachday - Anne, sorry to hear of yet another loss close to you. Prayers. I’m so glad you have connected with my Mom and others. You show great hope to many. I believe you are a very strong and special woman and if you ever doubt that just pray to your HP. I hope you run across a friend of mine, Fran, on here one day. Love, hugs, and prayers back to you.

VentuHome - I pray your SIL does well. It’s cool she can get to know local NA members. I’m far from home to do that, but I got SR. I’m glad that she has someone like you in her life to help with her son. You don’t know how much we miss our kids being in a place like this, and knowing that they’re ok with family helps a lot.

Mike (Desert Eyes) - You share some good stuff, man. It helps me realize no matter where we been we can get better, it’s real, it’s true, it does happen. Out of all the dumpsters your HP put you in one next to a church with AA. That’s awesome! Keep up the good work.

I’ve written a couple things that I’ve asked my Mom to post next, to make a contribution to all SR. I hope that they may help someone for it’s helped me.

Sean (Life Change)
Old 10-06-2006, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's good to hear from you Sean. Perhaps your mom may want to stop down at the Naranon forum, and meet many other moms of addicts like me

We'd love to meet her and I know she would find lots of love and support there too.

Hugs
Old 10-06-2006, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sean,

Welcome back and it's good to see you posting again.

It's so good to see your positive attitude.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Sean,

Great to hear from you again and to hear you are doing well and getting plenty of time to work on yourself. Your Mum sure suppors you in this and thats fantastic.

I am working through a lot of things at present and that includes being inside. Its not easy stuff but its easy enough and millions of times better than where I was.

Hope we from you again soon. Thinking of you.

Kevin
Old 10-06-2006, 04:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sean!!

I'm doing quite well.
Thanks for asking.

It's great to see you are hodling strong
Hugs and Prayers to you and your Mom
Old 10-06-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Sean, So glad to hear from you and your Mom. I needed your message today. I'm not surprised that it came...I no longer believe in coincidence in recovery!
Your message of hope and your positive attitude truly bring so much to all of us here. I'm with Ann; we would love to "hear" from your mom downstairs. I know she reads, but she has so much to give back too - an amazing woman!

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way and to Sean's MOm too!