Notices

feeling anxious and frustrated

Old 10-03-2006, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling anxious and frustrated

Hi! All,

I just wanted to release some of this built up tension. This is my 16th day sober and I feel good about that however I experienced quite a bit of tension. For starters, there is this one friend whom I love going over there place for dinner. We always have the best wines and dinners and it is so much fun.
Well, I talked to her today and told her I quit drinking. I explained a little why and she didn't understand because she has never seen been completely bombed. Probably because alot of the times I was pregnant. Anyho, she continued to talk about everything in moderation. It just made me realize that I will have alot of awkward moments ahead but I know I have to stay true to me and my family.
Also, months ago there was a big misunderstanding between my friend and my hubby. She judged my husband very unfairly because he wouldn't drive her and family to the airport at the time that they wanted and she thought this to be a bit selfish on his part because she feels they bent over backwards for us. Anyho, there is more to the situation but she just recently had a baby. Well, she called today and my husband picked up the phone. I wasn't home and he was in the midst of cooking supper and taking care of baby so he didn't bother congratulating her etc.. I just felt a little embarrassed but he said why should he when she hasn't bothered talking to him in 6 months so he didn't want to be hypocritical which I guess I can understand. It just makes things a bit awkward. ugghhhh!!!

I know these are not big problems but it is the little things for me that build up and then I let bother me which leads me to drink.
I am just feeling edgy and anxious and ended up taping my son on his hand which I shouldn't of.
I just feel like my only way of winding down has disappeared. There are thoughts in my head that I wasn't a daily drinker therefore no biggy and that scares me. I did just go for a run to release some stress however still feeling anxious. Thanks for listening....Any advice would be helpful. I just ordered "Under the Influence" book.
Joanne
Old 10-03-2006, 05:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

don't stress, you can't control situations and other peole you can just control how you handle it. drinking doesn't help anything just make everything worst, don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff . PRIORITIES , they are you family and the people who love you.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 10-03-2006, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good night all, I hope tomorrow is a better day. Anxious to feel happy again. I just feel very low tonight.
Joanne
Old 10-03-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Joanne,

As you gain more confidence in yourself and the way you deal with life, you will come to know that you are doing the right thing. And, it won't matter what other people think about what you're doing.