Notices

Not doing so well

Old 09-28-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not doing so well

I tried to not use starting Tuesday but I didnt' make it. I feel so bad about it. I got upset over something that I found out about my partner joining what looks like a dating website and listing themselves as single. I found out by accident. Instead of getting on this board (I don't have phone numbers of people to call yet) I did what I always do and I used. Each time I make a promise to myself and then fail I feel like I'll never get clean. I don't know what's its going to take but I'm not giving up. Today is a new day. I'm not working today so I'll go to a meeting and get some phone numbers. I always want to know how people stopped using-like what was the trick. I'm feeling pretty depressed and anxious. I'm just going to keep posting on this board.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Marte
Old 09-28-2006, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

figure out where you went wrong, learn from this and going to a meeting right away is the best thing you can do
Old 09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your replies. I went to a meeting today and got some phone numbers of people I can call. I liked the meeting and I plan on going back tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I pmed you hope that you keep going to meetings you will find a lot of support there that is for sure. Try 90 meetings in 90 days. Go until you want to go. I heard this at a meeting the other day,

I would rather spend 20 years of my life going to meetings to find out if I am an addict rather than spending 20 years of my life not knowing made since to me

Love Vic
Old 09-28-2006, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Collingwood,

The fact that you are trying again is great. You cannot let this disease beat you. You have a choice and you can do this.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I stopped using and drinking by starting going to meetings, talking and listening to people and thats still how I do it.

Keep on.

Kevin