Notices

My first day clean

Old 09-26-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first day clean

I just wanted to say that today will be my first day clean. I'm going to a meeting later on. I'm kind of relieved that I've made the decision. I'm also scared. When I use I just get the same thing. Now I have a chance to have something different. My life hasn't been too good lately and I just hope it will get better. How did you all get through the early part of recovery?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

90 meetings in 90 days...sticking to the winners in recovery...taking advice...reading the book....reading the ip pamphlets...those are some of the things that i did to help me in my recovery. It was alot of hard work but i m doing really good...also get a sponser as soon as possible. Congratulations on your one day sober...1 day at a time...your on the right path...
Old 09-26-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Collingwood!
Sounds to me like you're doing all the right things. I used online recovery for my first few months of recovery because my past showed me that I had difficulty driving past a liquor store. There's a bit of emotional rollercoaster riding during early recovery but if you don't pick up REGARDLESS you will be free from obsessions and able to get on with your life sober!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Fantastic,................ Enjoy the meeting n WTG on doing it.......as we ALL know that we have to do it ourselves,........n Hey hon you just did,....! Congrats...xXx..!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering perpetual kid...

I get through early recovery one day at a time... If that's too much, then break it down by hours, minutes or seconds. Find a support group that works for you, find positive people with some quality and quantity of recovery and become a student. Find someone or people you can call 24/7 to talk, vent or cry out to and get there phone number. But, just know you've already done the most important thing by being honest with yourself and making the decisions you have...

Hang loose, Doc.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

live in the moment, one minute, one hour, one day at a time
Old 09-26-2006, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Living life day by day is a good start. I like to think of it as each day is a brick and someday I may build a house.
Good luck.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is my 9th day sober and I worry a little more about long term recovery because I tend to go in denial. What I find is helping me is being COMPLETELY honest with myself and addressing all those little voices that tell me that I don't have a problem. That things will be o.k. if I continue to drink. Lots of deep breathing too.. Best of luck.
Joanne
Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I haven't had a drink for three days now. At first I told myself that I was stopping for a month. That I'd be ok if I just calmed down for a bit. Denial or what. I cause arguements when I'm drunk. I say mean things, I could have ruined my relationaship. Today I think I need to stop forever. That scares me. That scares me because it makes me feel 'different'. Like there's something weak or wrong about me because I get so tanked up sometimes. Not everytime. Often I just want to take the edge off my nerves. But sometimes i get so so drunk and behave so so badly. Not feeling good in my own skin at the moment. Good luck Collingwood. I wish you strength.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep going to meetings and stick with the winners... you can do this.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR colling wood