Notices

Harder than I thought..

Old 09-22-2006, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Iunno..

Harder than I thought..

Yeah wow.. This is harder than I thought it would be. Last night I was BENT on just closing my door and going my three days so to speak. But sure enough came 11pm, the craving struck and I found myself at the bar and had five beers. damnit. I feel I need to be more serious with this and DO IT FOR THE SAKE OF ME! lol. The GOOD thing is.. That the more I THINK about it, quitting.. the wave of depression that's swung over my head.. slowly starts to lift and I get really happy, and feel like dancin round'. I know in my heart I CAN do this. And the best feeling I think I ever have had.. is I know I will. I know I can beat this like many of you have.. And I can't wait. Im actually excited to get back out there and be me again. Im not exactly sure yet what mind frame I'm going to have to put myself into. But it's going to happen! and that's the best start I think I can have. One thing I personally feel saved me.. this sounds stupid.. But I never, ever would let myself drink during the day, unless maybe the SeaHawks were playing. If I had let myself. I don't know where i'd be, or my liver. For that matter. Oh one question, since im on this rant. I am alittle worried about what I did to my poor body.. I've drinkin 4-6 maybe nine on weekend.. maybe (beers).. for three years straight.. I know I had to have done some damage... anyone have an estimation of maybe the extent of the damage (I know theres no healthcare prof. but maybe some relation.)

If you read this rant your awsome. If not.. Shame on you! haha just kiddin.
-matt
Old 09-22-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
REZ

Only you can decide if alcohol is a problem for you. For me, it was not just a matter of how much I drank, but what happened to me when I drank and what drinking did to my life. I found the help and support that I needed in AA meetings. They saved my life and could save yours too.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Why not see a doctor and set your mind at ease?
A blood test will give a clear picture of
liver condition.

Time your cravings...mine were 5 or so minutes in duration.
I can delay anything for that short time!
Brush your teeth...drink water...pray.

Action! recovery takes action!