Notices

Day 3 Randomness

Old 08-27-2006, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 Randomness

I'm typing this let some of it out, but mostly to try and keep my mind off of # 4 below. Sorry for the awkward format and rambling.

1. I have been having very brief (about 30 seconds) and very frequent bursts of uncontrollable crying these last three days. I don't know what triggers them and why they come and go so quickly. Anybody else experience this?

2. I went to church today, and I think I got something out of the service.

3. I have read posts on here from people who've been sober for 3 weeks, 1 week, and 6 days. Though I didn't post in those threads, it is inspiring to read, so congrats to those posters. I know there are many people here with much longer periods, but it's hard to think in those terms.

4. I got home from my meeting tonight and my fiancee (if she still is) had left me. I don't know for how long, and I don't blame her. I have been awful to her.

5. I've been lucky in that I haven't had real severe wd symptoms. The ones I've had have been overcome fairly easily by looking at the situation that I have let alcohol put me in.

6. I'm a little nervous about the week. Unlike most (I assume), my binges usually come during the week.

7. I am determined to get better.

8. Number 4 really, really sucks.

9. This forum has been helpful to me.

As you can see, my thoughts and emotions are all over the map right now. Just felt the need to keep the fingers busy and post. Thanks.

This is day 3. (1/2 hour from day 4)
Old 08-27-2006, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

dude, day 4! way to go!
you sound completely normal and right on target--congratulations!

#4 might improve as you improve...focus on your recovery and you might be surprised by the good things that happen when you are not looking...

#7 is the best thing you've stated

hang in there...you are doing a really important thing for yourself. take good care!
Old 08-27-2006, 11:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tapinyips
1. I have been having very brief (about 30 seconds) and very frequent bursts of uncontrollable crying these last three days. I don't know what triggers them and why they come and go so quickly. Anybody else experience this?

2. I went to church today, and I think I got something out of the service.

3. I have read posts on here from people who've been sober for 3 weeks, 1 week, and 6 days. Though I didn't post in those threads, it is inspiring to read, so congrats to those posters. I know there are many people here with much longer periods, but it's hard to think in those terms.

4. I got home from my meeting tonight and my fiancee (if she still is) had left me. I don't know for how long, and I don't blame her. I have been awful to her.

5. I've been lucky in that I haven't had real severe wd symptoms. The ones I've had have been overcome fairly easily by looking at the situation that I have let alcohol put me in.

6. I'm a little nervous about the week. Unlike most (I assume), my binges usually come during the week.

7. I am determined to get better.

8. Number 4 really, really sucks.

9. This forum has been helpful to me.
Good morning to Day 4!!

1. Absolutely! I cry so much less frequently now (about 10 weeks) and even then it's just a few tears, because things are beginning to seem less extreme and dramatic.

2. That's great. Sounds like you might benefit from another service.

3. I know what you mean about not being able to look so far into the future (even a couple months). I can tell you that just a few weeks make a great difference and also makes it possible to visualize a better future. You're at the toughest point.

4. I hope you can believe that your sober life will be so much better and good things will begin to happen.

5. I was lucky in that regard too.

6. I was a daytime, weekday, at home drinker and guess what? I still spend my weekdays at home. It's possible to get past those thoughts and triggers if you keep the goal in mind and learn some coping tools.

7. Good! Attitude is the best medicine!

8. Yeah it does, but don't dwell on it. Concentrate on getting yourself better.

9. Oh yeah!! This place is a Godsend!

Keep in trudging! We're here keeping you company.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am 28 days sober and over the last few days I have had a couple of crying spells, don't know why, i think i get depressed from time to time and I have my ups and downs but I think it might be cause I quit drinking plus have some stress going on in my life, financial problems, unemployed, feel trapped cause i can't drive-license suspended but am looking forward to getting license back in December and looking for job and brother getting married in October and I am trying to be positive.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WTG!!!!
Day 4 (or probly 5 now ) is awesome, I am back to day 2........

Crying can be associated with withdrawls. It will ease up as you get more sober time in. Just stay strong. Im so sorry that your fiancee is gone. I hope things can be worked out. You state that you have been aweful to her and you cant blame her for leaving.
Work on YOU right now. Open your mind to ways to get and be better, open your heart to her, let her know your sorry, and mean it. Then let time heal and see how it goes. Did I mention stay strong?lol Heal yourself and then heal your relationship.......hopefully it will come hand in hand! Best of luck to you, glad your here. Keep posting and let us know!

Liss
Old 08-28-2006, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Everything will work for your benefit...
if you continue your sobriety..

Keep in focus..the best is yet to come.