Notices

Going to DUI Court in about a week...(questions)

Old 08-18-2006, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

I know there is drug court. I don't think they have DUI court. It is regular court, if I'm not mistaken. I may be wrong.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

They have drug courts here to in larger centres b/c of the prevalance of the problems ... they are trying to find better solutions by working with the addicts, rather than just locking them up b/c that doesn't work... but alcoholics face the same issue... funny how they don't get the same treatment...

Levi.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

You are right. I never really thought of it before. It is odd. I have never gotten a DUI. Thank goodness. My ex has gotten several. He always got off though. He would go to court and it would get knocked down to neg driving. I don't think that would fly these days. That was over 15 years ago. The sad thing is, he never learned from his mistakes. He was a firm believer that he could find a way out of any situation. Him getting off confirmed that. He still drinks and drives. It's scary...
Old 08-18-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by leviathon
They have drug courts here to in larger centres b/c of the prevalance of the problems ... they are trying to find better solutions by working with the addicts, rather than just locking them up b/c that doesn't work... but alcoholics face the same issue... funny how they don't get the same treatment...

Levi.
They do where I live. Although we have a drug court, if you are caught driving under the influence of a drug, you go to regular court.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Kinda weird how the addicts are treated differently despite the fact that it is the same insanity driving us all! I will keep that in mind when I am dealing with these matters in court and attempt to raise this inequal treatment with the courts to ensure they are aware of it where I live and work.

Peace, Levi