Notices

Sleep Cycles

Old 08-15-2006, 08:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Sleep Cycles

Lately I've come to realize how much my sleep cycle affects my emotional state. My work schedule being what it is, sometimes I'm not always able to get a full, restful night's worth in every day, and I'm noticing the effect it has on my depression cycle.

Of course, getting proper sleep every night is no guarantee that the depression won't come, but I figure there's no sense in asking for it either.

I know, this is obvious stuff. It seems like sometimes I find myself needing to re-learn the obvious or lessons that I've already learned long ago.

Anyway, anyone else notice the same thing? How does your sleep cycle affect your emotional state?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Since you asked Greentea, I find that by tomorrow i will have difficulty getting to work...! on the bus with Loads of tools... but need the cash ya know...:uzi2: you have to survive...

I have to learn pateints, with others when im too tyered too work but need too to bring in the dollars...Just to be calm n not upset about situations would, help me massively...!

Thanks (((Greentea))) , i needed this here tonight ... Thanks...

ps; i love your signiture...!...Xxx.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Regular sleep is very important to me. I come unraveled when my scedule is off....which is too much of the time.!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

I can't function without sleep. I get very moody and down in the dumps if I haven't had a very good sleep. I travel 2 hours to work each morning and always start at 8:45 so I have to leave my house at about 6:30am - and I know that unless I go to sleep at 10pm the night before - I will be hard to work with!!!

My friend gave me this advice....and I quote

"I know this sounds a bit churchy but I find I get to sleep easier and wake up easier if I say a prayer before I go to bed"

I am a Christian and I thought that was the best advice anyone could ever give - so whether you believe in God or not - just wanted to share that!!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dreamz
I can't function without sleep. I get very moody and down in the dumps if I haven't had a very good sleep. I travel 2 hours to work each morning and always start at 8:45 so I have to leave my house at about 6:30am - and I know that unless I go to sleep at 10pm the night before - I will be hard to work with!!!

My friend gave me this advice....and I quote

"I know this sounds a bit churchy but I find I get to sleep easier and wake up easier if I say a prayer before I go to bed"

I am a Christian and I thought that was the best advice anyone could ever give - so whether you believe in God or not - just wanted to share that!!!!
I'm not a Christian, so I don't pray, but I view prayer as a type of meditation. Self-reflection is a good thing, just as long as it doesn't get you riled up before you go to bed. I find reading a chapter of a book helps me wind down.

I guess I'm lucky in that now that I've stopped drinking (day 8), my sleep patterns are becoming more normal. I don't know why I ever worried they wouldn't as the men in my family have a reputation for being able to sleep through D-day. In fact, I think I had a great uncle who did.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Mine has now tipped again over to NOT sleeping at night, my b/f is upset...!

But what can i do the tablets dont work for me sometimes....

im in a muddle of sleep patterens, like i said its changeing to dawn is the trigger to sleep... .
(((Live ))) thanks honi you are a constant. STAR...Shine...Xxx.

Thank You ALL...X
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Thanks for all the hugs, Arura... They help. -smiles- ... Back at you!

After you wake up later today, start working on conditioning your sleep habits. Later tonight, even if you're not tired, go to bed! ... Even if you're just laying there, work on the stuff in the "Sleepless Nights" thread. You've said it worked for you in the past -- it'll work for you again!

Repeat every night. Eventually your body will adjust.

(I like your signature too!)