Notices

need words of hope Part 2

Old 07-28-2022, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

need words of hope Part 2

we continue from here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-hope-21.html (need words of hope)

D
Old 07-28-2022, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

John, thinking of you……

🤓❤️
Old 07-29-2022, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
John, thinking of you……

🤓❤️
Been a tough week. More nausea, weakness and pain. Usually feel pretty good by now since my last therapy was last Thursday. Maybe cause I got a complete treatment and they didn't have to cut it short cause of side effects. Have felt much worse so can't complain. Just hard getting anything done. Did manage to finally get my tomatoes transplanted. They were not looking well, so hopefully the transplant to a bigger pot will perk them up. I think I overwatered them which might be the reason why they were looking so sad. "Kinda" looking forward to the results of the ct scan from yesterday. Should know the results next Wednesday.
Doctors talking about a pain blocker that might help reduce the pain. I think it involves getting a shot. It's suppose to block pain from the nerve receptors. Hope it works. Might get rid of the pain so I don't have to take the pain pills anymore or at least not as often. Being on pain pills until my chemo is done in December doesn't sound like a great idea. John
Old 07-29-2022, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope the pain, weakness and nausea improves soon. Are you able to eat much? Keeping food down when you feel that bad isn’t easy.

Are the tomatoes looking better? They may be in a little shock for a day or two after transplant, but bigger pot was a very good idea.

I’m at the farm and my weeds are growing really well, but I do have some baby Roma tomatoes starting to grow and my zinnias are flowering really well now. Lots of rain here so no water hauling needed, just mowing. . .
Old 07-30-2022, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope the tomatoes perk up!
Old 07-30-2022, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thinking about you John
Old 07-30-2022, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Jon I just came across this thread. So sorry for what you are going through. My hubs was diagnosed with a very aggressive bladder cancer this February. Had 3 surgeries and 6 immunotherapy treatments. He just passed his 3 month checkup cf but the biggie is 6 month for his particular type . That's when his type usually recurs. I'm will be 🙏 for you. Hope you have a good day.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Hey Jon I just came across this thread. So sorry for what you are going through. My hubs was diagnosed with a very aggressive bladder cancer this February. Had 3 surgeries and 6 immunotherapy treatments. He just passed his 3 month checkup cf but the biggie is 6 month for his particular type . That's when his type usually recurs. I'm will be 🙏 for you. Hope you have a good day.
Very sorry to hear about your husbands situation. Sounds like both of you have gone through a lot. Hope everything works out. Ya know; everybody knows just how bad a cancer diagnosis is, but it's like a lot of things, you really don't know just how much it can affect your life until you or someone you know gets it. It has certainly affected me, not just the physical problems, but my mental outlook on many things have changed. I'm sure you and your husband can relate to this. It is definitely a life changing thing. Good luck, and have a great night. John
Old 07-30-2022, 02:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I hope the pain, weakness and nausea improves soon. Are you able to eat much? Keeping food down when you feel that bad isn’t easy.

Are the tomatoes looking better? They may be in a little shock for a day or two after transplant, but bigger pot was a very good idea.

I’m at the farm and my weeds are growing really well, but I do have some baby Roma tomatoes starting to grow and my zinnias are flowering really well now. Lots of rain here so no water hauling needed, just mowing. . .
Wow, just wow!!!! I've had very little pain today. I just had to take two of the low dosage pain pills all day. Best yet. Eating too much solid food seems to increase the pain, so I've cut back on that which might be helping. I'd like to think that maybe this is a turning point, but too soon to tell. Amazing how much the pain affects my attitude. Almost feel like my ole self. Will start doing some light working out at home tomorrow to build on strength. Got a calendar to record my progress.
My tomato plants are looking pretty good, even the one that looked in really bad shape. The transplant might of saved them. Being more careful on how much I water them. I planted them with the miracle (sp) grow dirt with lots of good stuff in it. Maybe that will help.
Hope you are doing well. John
Old 07-31-2022, 04:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Jon. Yes it definitely is a life changer. I was totally in shock at first. Then paralised with fear and anxiety. I'm still having my moments. He has a long long road ahead but I do have faith things will get better. I have to.

So glad to read that you are feeling a bit better. Thats awesome! My hubs had a great deal of pain too. They just finally gave him percocet after his last visit. Because I complained. He wasnt eating or sleeping and was really in so much pain he couldn't function. Hes afraid to ask for meds but I dont understand that at all.

I hope you have a pain-free and good day today. Sending positive energy your way.
Old 07-31-2022, 12:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Praying for you, John, and for your husband, Stubbs.
Old 07-31-2022, 01:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Praying for you, John, and for your husband, Stubbs.
I think your are thinking about stubbs. I am happily not married and have no interest in it LOL. Have a nice night. John
Old 08-01-2022, 09:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I think your are thinking about stubbs. I am happily not married and have no interest in it LOL. Have a nice night. John
I should have broken it down into two sentences.

I am praying for you, John. I am praying for your husband, Stubbs.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

When I re-read your post, I realized you were talking about Stubbs' husband. My bad. John
Thought for a moment I had a husband and forgot!! I have a terrible memory, but I didn't think it was that bad. Looked all over to find a husband, but couldn't find one. That would of been a big surprise if I found one. LOL John
Old 08-01-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things for you today John?

D
Old 08-01-2022, 02:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How are things for you today John?

D
Doing pretty good today. Thanks for asking. Getting easier walking around. Not as weak. Only had to take two pain pills, big improvement. Starting to wonder if the pills might be partially responsible for my feeling so lightheaded and weak. Saw my eye doctor today about the double vision and floaters. She said my eyes were fine, so I was right that the chemo was responsible for the double vision. Just one of the many side effects of chemo treatment. Haven't had the double vision for a while so it was just a temporary problem. Started my workouts today at home. Didn't do much but it's a start. Bought a calendar to record my progress. Will try to continue to cut down on the pain pills and increase my workouts. Just wish I could gain some weight. Eating more but doesn't seem to make any difference. Tired of looking like a skeleton but it is what it is.
Hope you are doing well and staying healthy. John
Old 08-01-2022, 03:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
When I re-read your post, I realized you were talking about Stubbs' husband. My bad. John
Thought for a moment I had a husband and forgot!! I have a terrible memory, but I didn't think it was that bad. Looked all over to find a husband, but couldn't find one. That would of been a big surprise if I found one. LOL John
Yes, it would.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm good thanks John - pleased that you are doing ok too

D
Old 08-01-2022, 04:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Love some of the confusion = humor here, fun to read.

John, glad you started some exercise today. Keep on keeping on, and the weight should come back on when chemo is done.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you so very much