Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 63

Old 02-19-2024, 12:45 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

I hear you, Dee. One of the things that changed for me in sobriety is that I stopped overdoing anything, and I actually can't eat more than one ferrero rocher (etc) anymore, which is good, because they last a long time in the house now.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:14 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hi dear July friends,

Snoozy, I do hope that, as Dee says, good karma will flow back to you after your loving message to your daughter. The main thing that strikes me is that you are a loving and hopeful mum, with not a trace of bitterness and resentment. And you are steadfast in your sobriety! I recently found out that my HBA1C is above the upper limit of normal. My GP has referred me to a dietician. My doctor talked about the possibility of putting me on metformin, but she did mention, as Dee has alluded to, that it can cause diarrhoea. I have had problems with colitis since 2021, shortly after I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I really don't want to go on more meds, if it can be avoided. I know my diet needs improving. I eat far too much gluten free pasta. I get lazy and lonely and don't want to fuss and cook a decent meal, only to sit alone and eat it in the evening. That's the time of day I find most challenging. My doctor is going to check my labs again in 3 months. On a positive note, my liver enzymes are normalizing.

It's 100 days today since my last drink. I'm happy about that, although my mood has been all over the place. Anxiety and even panic attacks, then very low mood with uncontrollable weepiness. I just keep saying to myself, like a mantra, "time, self love, and self respect". It helps. And I really enjoy lighting a palo santo stick and taking in the scent as I walk around my house with it. I had someone treat me poorly a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't really about me, it was more about her, and likely she was going through some "stuff". I felt incredibly tense going home, but I looked forward to my palo santo ritual and I also did some simple yoga stretches. It helped.

Love to all!

f
Old 02-19-2024, 01:17 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

100 days is just so wonderful, dearest Leshar.

SO VERY happy for you!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-19-2024, 01:25 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you Leshar - 100 days is great.
I hear you about more meds - hope you can get the same results with diet and exercise

never heard of palo santo sticks til now but sounds like a great idea
Old 02-20-2024, 08:39 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Lesharrrrr

ivejust googled palo santo and I’m going to order some sticks.

I always burn incense and candles but this sounds like something I’d really like , so thanks for the idea. Also, thanks for your lovely kind words , that means a lot xx

Im so thrilled that you’ve got to 100 days, what an achievement . That’s a big deal!

Dee….. on the metformin ….i hear ya 💩 lol 🙀 😹.

i also don’t want to be on as many tabs as I am presently, hopefully when things settle down , I’ll be able to wean myself off of some of them .🤪

Old 02-21-2024, 06:47 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Hi friends,

Thank you for the good wishes.
Yesterday, I had a major wobbly. It was unsettling. The old scourge of loneliness is on my back again. I have a sort of new friend, a man I met through my hiking group. I enjoyed speaking to him in Spanish. He's originally from Venezuela. He gave me a lift to a night hike as I don't like driving in the dark. I told him about my love of theatre, and he said he loved musicals. So I invited him to one. It's tomorrow. Now, he's faffing about wrt time of meeting at the theatre. Says he'll try and get there on time. Disrespectful or just plain thoughtless, I don't know. I got quite irritable with him in a message exchange.
I'm never tardy, and Larry wasn't either. Just feeling put upon, and dreading the evening.
Super anxious last night and weepy this am.
But, I will respect myself, even if others don't. Thanks guys.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:55 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi again friends,
I'm feeling better this afternoon. This fellow has two young sons, and is separated. He has kid "stuff" to deal with. I realize I was projecting my anger on him. Anger or sadness about my life situation. I sent a brief note of apology. I had been terse, nay rude in our message exchange. I think it's sorted and I hope we will enjoy the show. I have no romantic feelings towards him. He's tolerated my Spanish and corrects me.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:36 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I missed your earlier post Leshar but I'm glad you feel better about things now

hi Snooz

D
Old 02-21-2024, 06:00 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Thanks guys

Suze I got your message thank you. I’ve read it all , I’m really missing toast ugh …more than chocolate . I never thought I’d say that.

im on a health care plan so I get to see a dietician. That should give me some ideas .

Do you have ‘ squishy feet ‘ Dee and Bob. My feet feel so weird , like I’m walking on soft foam or something. It’s quite bizarre 😮
Its been like that for about 2 years but gradually gotten worse.

ok I’m feeling like a hypochondriac now lol

hope everyone is well.

give Roxy a kiss for me PJ

xx
Snoozums,
I thru out my back two summers ago. I have a semi numb foot from sciatica.
And my other foot is on a banana peel.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:30 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

You done good Leshar
Old 02-22-2024, 01:22 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Bob 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

🤪
Old 02-22-2024, 01:25 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Leshar, don’t beat yourself up sweetheart.

You apologised, enjoy your night out and don’t overthink
it 😀🙌

Croutie, how are you going, be lovely very to hear from you . I often think about you and wonder how things are going with you xxx
Old 02-22-2024, 07:00 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Hi lovelies,
No worries Dee, I really don't know how you keep up with everyone, but it is appreciated beyond measure.

Oh Bob, I'm sorry, that sounds painful. How's your daughter? She's married now, if I remember correctly?

Thanks PJ!

I'm coming to realize it's not all about me and my needs/expectations in my interactions with others. Duh! Everyone has "stuff". I suppose it's learning how to better identify situations/reactions that put my early sobriety at risk.

Snoozy, we can compare dietitian advice! I am waiting for a consult with one.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:22 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Leshar

D
Old 02-22-2024, 06:14 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hi lovelies,
No worries Dee, I really don't know how you keep up with everyone, but it is appreciated beyond measure.

Oh Bob, I'm sorry, that sounds painful. How's your daughter? She's married now, if I remember correctly?.
Yes Leshar. She was married last Jan.
I have a grandson now. Levi was born a few months ago.
They live several states away so we haven't visited yet.
He was born early, but everything is great. He's now 8 lbs.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:25 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Bob

D
Old 02-25-2024, 03:45 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Oh that's lovely Bob! I hope you get to see your grandson before long. I'm glad he's doing well.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:39 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Julyers

Snoozy, it must be a shock until you get your head round it. You will though and yes I hear with eating healthier foods it can turn the diabetes around. There are some great dairy alternatives you can buy. Mr. Mags doesn’t have dairy or gluten since he had his gall bladder removed. Took us a while to adjust to this new way but we’re getting there. Take care love. xx

Leshar, pleased all was well with your friend. Hope you both enjoyed the show.

Bob, Levi is growing well. Bless him. You’ll be looking forward to a visit.

Love to all Julyers xxxx

Old 02-27-2024, 06:34 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone l

Grampa Bob, I like that 😀 it suits you . Congrats xx

Well I have some great news !!!!!!
It was my daughter’s 27th birthday yesterday & I made up my mind I was going to wait at her car when she finished work.
At the risk of being rejected.
Well, she was on holidays wasn’t she for the week.
So I went to her Dads house,where she lives.
I kept saying, you can do this,you can do this.

Well,her car wasn’t there so I took her bag of gifts and cheesecake from our lovely cheesecake shop and put it on the front doorstep.

I haven’t spoken to my ex for a long time as he was always a thorn in my side.

i thought, you’re a grown up, just message him, so I did. I told him I was out the front of his house and was Holly coming home.
He said I’ll be home n a few minutes.

i thought EEK….. and went to leave

Then I realised, I’m 62 years old and have to pull my big girls panties up …so I did.

it was VERY awkward, he didn’t know where to look, he was all dithery and weird. I was ok cos I’d had time to think about it and got used to the idea.

i handed him the bag and cake and he said you can come in and wait if you like .

So I did.

He made me a pot of leaf tea, which I used to love and haven’t had since we split nearly 20 years ago.

It was nice .

He informed me he has prostate cancer and hasn’t worked for a year as he is suffering long Covid .
He didn’t look well and sounded very chesty even though he doesn’t have a cold.

Not long after Holly arrived home and was really happy to see me. Gave me a big hug and told me she loved me.
it wascsooooo good to hold her and smell her beautiful long hair .

iit was a perfect day and sometimes we just have to take a chance & not be ruled by anxiousnous or fear.

i said goodbye, hugged them both and I am still on cloud 9 today.

Thanks for listening my lovelies and for sharing in my joy .

xxxx love you all 😘🥰

Old 02-27-2024, 06:37 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

That is just beautiful, Wendy; I am very happy for you. ❤️❤️❤️