Notices

Class of April 2022 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-02-2022, 11:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Goodnight calmself. Congrats on your 140 days.

I get ativan shortly. I think the stuff is making me miserable. I feel like im only happy for the couple of hours after taking. I should really only use it when I really need it. But you hear so many nightmare stories about bemzo wd.

Going to get my second dose this morning so that's good. It'll probably be the one good thing I do today.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:03 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
day 7 x i slept for 12 hrs last night, i seem just now to be in better mood.
thanks calm for your thought of the day x
welcome to any new comers and good to see others still working hard on changing there cycle x

not sure again what im doing today, still need to get that shower.
hope u get ur jab FF x
catch u all later x
Old 04-03-2022, 01:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Welcome sobertoday

Glad you both got through difficult days Sam and Citrus

Hope you feel better today Erratic.

Hope everyone has a great sober Sunday x

Old 04-03-2022, 03:10 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 13 here. Well the norm is starting to happen again, but I have quite a bit of time to figure it out. The norm is that I'm starting to feel pretty good and I start looking for things in the future where I will probably drink. I've already put one to rest by changing the activity. The other is more difficult, but I have 5 weeks to figure it out.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:18 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone (in the western hemisphere!) Although it has to be said I am SO not a morning person. It's hard to be a night owl type in this society we live in. Makes it harder to find a way to fit in, somehow. But sober I'm sure I can, etc.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:33 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Samantha

Will join this class.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Well I got vaxxed. I didn't have taxi fare so I walked 5.6km there and back, 11.2km total. Exhausted now.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:48 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
RAL

Great news ff 👍😃
Old 04-03-2022, 05:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Good morning all. Day 13 here. Well the norm is starting to happen again, but I have quite a bit of time to figure it out. The norm is that I'm starting to feel pretty good and I start looking for things in the future where I will probably drink. I've already put one to rest by changing the activity. The other is more difficult, but I have 5 weeks to figure it out.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Hey Bob--did you read Calmself's post? It really resonated with me about the last drink being the trigger, not the circumstance at hand. Hopefully that helps you too.
I have a work trip this week so I am taking CS's advice to heart.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Being sober is turning me into an early morning person, weird, but I like it--Tetrax's post made me realize it.

I leave for my trip this week, I'm very stressed but I will stick close to SR. I am sure I will not drink, but I also want to be on guard, if that makes sense.
I am already playing the tape to the end, but looking at the better alternate ending of me being in the gym early morning and being ready and refreshed for the day while others are hungover and suffering(not that I wish that on them, but history has shown that's usually what happens, I know as I used to be one of them.)

FF--fantastic on the 2nd vaxx
anxiousrock--hello and welcome
Erratic--hope today is better!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone. The reason I think this time I can stop drinking is I have hootenanny all the alcohol out of the house. I will be going home a new route that doesn’t pass a liquor store. I realize that drinking just complicates everything so much. I keep coming back to the word “exhausting” - physically mentally, and emotionally. I just feel like I’m “done.”
Old 04-03-2022, 05:36 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sobertoday54 View Post
Good morning to everyone. The reason I think this time I can stop drinking is I have hootenanny all the alcohol out of the house. I will be going home a new route that doesn’t pass a liquor store. I realize that drinking just complicates everything so much. I keep coming back to the word “exhausting” - physically mentally, and emotionally. I just feel like I’m “done.”
Totally agree. I'm "done" too.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning SR

Erratic, I have been dealing with a lot of negative feelings, especially anger and paranoia this past week. Keep up the good fight!

Welcome AR - I hope you are feeling better today.

I went to the gym for the first time in months, needless to say, my body feels like I got ran over. Going to work on gratitude today, as yesterday I was highly irritable and discontent.

I attended an in-person meeting yesterday as well. I hadn't been to one in over a year; but lately I've been experiencing Zoom fatigue.

Anyway, Day 8, hope everyone has a good and sober day.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:59 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good stuff love.
Real life is good huh? s ❤️
Old 04-03-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Just back from the store. Normally I'd be too anxious to go to the store at 4pm, especially since I'm banned from the nearest one. So small progress anxiety wise.

Looking forward to sleep tonight. The vaccine stressed me out which may sound silly. It's just the waiting around listening to people talk, imagining they're talking about me. Fortunately no side effects so far from the shot. Good to be fully vaxxed. I'll get the booster in three months? I think.

Today was a beautiful day weatherwise but back to rain and clouds later.

A huge chunk of my tooth fell out today when I was chewing nicotine gum. Between depression and alcoholism, my oral hygiene isn't great. Pepsi doesn't help. But it's not the end of the world. I'll make a dentist appt tomorrow and a GP appt because I need to get some bloods done for the dentist. Will ask the GP for a letter saying I've been referred to rehab. Might help in court.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:53 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I failed again. Day 1.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
RAL

Sirry to read that citrus but you are back here posting.

It's crazy how childrens sports seem to revolve round alcohol. I know you have to take your boys to games but is maybe taking a step back in the social side possible?
Old 04-03-2022, 09:58 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

evening x
thanks everyone x today is a better day x
welcome back anxious x good to have u posting citrus hun x great news that u got your vac ff x sam your doing great hun x KTB i hear u also about the negative feelings x you keep up the good work yourself hun x good to see u RAL x

we just went shopping for food today and been watching some tv and away to have some dinner and then prob early night again. least i got through the day sober x

hope everyone has good evening and will catch you all in the morning x
Old 04-03-2022, 10:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

venuscat - I just adore you. Hope you are well!

Citrus - I admire your honesty and fortitude.. I would never be able to do so many activities with my children when I was in my active drinking, I just chose to lay in bed any chance I could. You can do this.

Sam, ST, Bob - I'm in the same boat, I don't ever want to drink again. Too many wasted years living in the darkness!

Freedom - you seem to be getting a lot done for yourself. Keep up the great work!

Hey RAL, how's it going for you today?

Love and Peace to You!
Old 04-03-2022, 10:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I failed again. Day 1.
Citrus honey ~ with you love. ❤️