Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 08-27-2021, 06:19 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Morning x
start of day 6 and thanks to everyone who replied on my day 5.
This is the longest time i have been sober for many years so im actually chuffed with myself for a change. Even though its day 6 i had 4 days i think before i started the tablets. This is even longer than me being down at my daughters and gransons as they live 7hrs away from me and daughter doesnt like me drinking when visiting her and wont allow it in the house, so that has been mainly my dtox place to go lol. she said 2nd last time i was there that maybe she should charge me lol. This will be also my 2nd weekend sober. These tablets are making a big diffrence which i was a daily drinker and couldnt really string many days together, aswell as being part of this great forum x so i am totally grateful for everyone here

right thats early morning post done and i better get my second cup of tea before i get ready for work. I am on the long shift today instead of yesterday, so wont be logging in until later today.

congrats on all your sober time and hope u had good nights sleep.

have great day xx
Congrats on day 6. I hope your long day at work went well.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:29 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

I had the best nights sleep last night !! Today is three weeks for me being sober. I’m looking forward to a weekend without having a hangover. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:49 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I thought it was yesterday, sorry.....I keep thinking your date is Aug 6.
Congrats again on 3 weeks dear Lamb!!! ❤️
Old 08-27-2021, 07:07 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lamb6179 View Post
I had the best nights sleep last night !! Today is three weeks for me being sober. I’m looking forward to a weekend without having a hangover. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.
Congratulations! We're about on the same sobriety schedule. Sleeping well is helping my attitude tremendously and waking up clear headed is such a morning boost.
Old 08-27-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Good morning friends!

That's awesome Lamb! x

And Erratic and freedomfries and everyone else hitting milestones x

Old 08-27-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Numblady View Post
I’ve had a bad headache for a couple of days now. Felt like the worst hangover ever but without the drinking.
Me too! Mine is from 3 mornings of landscaping/ allergies. Hopefully both of ours will be gone soon x
Old 08-27-2021, 07:28 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Moring kitten xx
Old 08-27-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I thought it was yesterday, sorry.....I keep thinking your date is Aug 6.
Congrats again on 3 weeks dear Lamb!!! ❤️
It is August 6 th. It was my first sober day. Maybe I’m counting wrong. LOL
Old 08-27-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by katlin View Post
Congratulations! We're about on the same sobriety schedule. Sleeping well is helping my attitude tremendously and waking up clear headed is such a morning boost.
Congratulations, katlin! I couldn’t agree more about getting good sleep and being clear headed.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:47 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

If you look at a calendar I can see why you are counting today as 3 weeks and I made it yesterday....it is funny.
Maybe we just celebrate you for two days from now on. s
Old 08-27-2021, 08:56 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
If you look at a calendar I can see why you are counting today as 3 weeks and I made it yesterday....it is funny.
Maybe we just celebrate you for two days from now on. s
haha
Old 08-27-2021, 09:39 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Afternoon all

Just catching up on most of the posts. Congratulations to everyone on their milestones it's great to log on and see everyone staying sober and enjoying it more as time goes on
Old 08-27-2021, 09:50 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by katlin View Post
LoveHateWhine,

I had the same type of situation as you describe with an "old best friend" who was also a distant cousin over 20 years ago. To this day, I do not know why she ended our friendship abruptly. In addition to severing our relationship, she spread complete falsehoods about me within a peer group and family. I was so upset and worried and stewed about it for several years but then I finally let it go. I realized that it was completely out of my control and that her actions said more about her than about me. Over the years, we have been in several social settings together related to family events and I basically just ignore her and she does the same. It's awkward, but quite honestly I have no desire to be in her presence and don't trust that I could even have a casual relationship with her after her actions. I've heard through the "grapevine" that she has said she'd like to make amends but some things are better left alone. I hope that your former best friend receives you well and that you are able to have some healing of that relationship. I agree with you that it would be a difficult if not impossible feat to build back the type of relationship you had with her in the past. Good luck!
Hi Kaitlin and lovehatewhine, I have a similar situation with a former friend. We’ve been friends for over 10 years and we are in the same friend group of 10 women who get together a few times a year. We’ve grown distant in the last 4-5 years as life has just taken us in different directions but I always thought she was a person that when we see each other it’s like no time has passed. But boy was I wrong especially after finding out that she has been trash talking about me over the last year or so because of a venting session I had with her 4+ years ago. I’ve stewed over it, analyzed it over and over again. I realized my venting session that didn’t have anything to do with her brought up some painful past memories for her and I’ve apologized which she accepted but only at face value since she continues to talk about me when ever someone brings me up. I know it’s time to let it go and just like Kaitin said I can’t control her actions or thoughts and it only reflects poorly on her and not me. It’s taken me a while to mourn the friendship that I thought was a solid lifetime friendship but people come in and out of our lives for a reason and she taught me a valuable lesson of not holding grudges/resentments toward people who unknowingly trigger painful memories from the past.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:36 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Bodhi - I agree that some people come for a season and leave our lives for a reason. I won't go into gory details, but looking back at my own situation I realized the authentic relationship was mostly on my part. In the early days after the friendship was severed I had moments where I would remember my former friend's reactions to events (negative or less than positive) in my life at the time. I realized she almost seemed pleased when I had something less than an "everything's coming up roses" kind of day" and that by seeing me not have a great day she had a better day. I'm not sure why I didn't have that clarity when we were friendly but once it dawned on me that this was the reality it made it a little easier to understand. She was, I realized, a pretty miserable person and truthfully I think she enjoyed having a relationship with me when I was struggling (I went through a divorce during the time we were the closest). Seeing me happy didn't float her boat. You know the old saying "misery loves company". When I wasn't miserable, she wasn't happy. So ... that's just my story. I know every instance is different but at least in my case I have no regrets about this particular relationship. Now, others? I could write a book about regrets ... but I think I'll think happy thoughts instead. It's better for my sober plan.
Old 08-27-2021, 11:36 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Good afternoon venuscat x
Old 08-27-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Good Morning 🌞

What a wonderfully active class. I'll just leave things at congratulating everyone on getting through and offering my thoughts to those having difficulties. Still getting my sea legs back following the busier threads.

Yesterday was a particularly horrid day (too grotesque and graphic to share on here). I always try to find the silver lining in any situation though: I was kept so urgently busy that the thought of drinking couldn't enter my mind and I dropped into bed utterly exhausted at the end of the day. Im hoping today isn't too hard to get through its often after such events that things hit me.

But I only have myself to blame for being back in the grips of the beast so I'm just going to have to suck it up. Although I do find I'm practiced enough that its easier to fight then when I first starting battling this. I've got plenty of projects to keep me busy too. Hopefully listening to music or podcasts on my headphones will help distract me from the AV while I work.

My best wishes to all ☺️
Old 08-27-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

I am sorry that yesterday was such a nightmare love. s ❤️
Old 08-27-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
RAL

I drank. I'm sorry.I'm useless, I don't know why I post on SR. I am clearly not serious about getting sober. I used to be and once had 3 years. why on earth can i not get that again
Old 08-27-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Administrator

It gets harder and harder to come back RAL, but not impossible

I guess my question ( and I mean this with the best of intent) is…what are you doing to not drink?
is it enough?
what else can you do?

D
Old 08-27-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Because it gets harder to stop dear RAL. It is NOT because you are useless.
It just might be time to add some things to help...maybe we can check in with you on your way home.....before you can get to that bottle shop.
Don't give up.... we are all with you here. s ❤️