Notices

Class of February 2021 Support Thread Pt 1

Old 02-19-2021, 10:23 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Silversky, that’s great about your work, that they care about your stress and are helpful in trying to manage it.

more snow here, but not a big storm. It’s just a steady fall over many hours. I slept a bit late and enjoyed some extra coffee time, catching up with a friend via texting. Trying to decide what to do this afternoon. I’m rather overwhelmed by things that need purging. We have too much stuff. It’s hard to figure out where to begin. It’s not my nature to keep everything, but I married someone who has trouble throwing anything away. It’s going on 26 years, and my daughter is just the same! Drinking hasn’t done me any favors in dealing with that, lol.

I think I’ll work on the basement. I’ll set some concrete goals and work on checking them off. First will be to fill one bag to toss, and find some things to donate or give away on our Buy Nothing page.

I’m sober, but it’s not very exciting starting over with my day count. So, I’m here, and I’m not drinking.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:54 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Silversky, that’s great about your work, that they care about your stress and are helpful in trying to manage it.

more snow here, but not a big storm. It’s just a steady fall over many hours. I slept a bit late and enjoyed some extra coffee time, catching up with a friend via texting. Trying to decide what to do this afternoon. I’m rather overwhelmed by things that need purging. We have too much stuff. It’s hard to figure out where to begin. It’s not my nature to keep everything, but I married someone who has trouble throwing anything away. It’s going on 26 years, and my daughter is just the same! Drinking hasn’t done me any favors in dealing with that, lol.

I think I’ll work on the basement. I’ll set some concrete goals and work on checking them off. First will be to fill one bag to toss, and find some things to donate or give away on our Buy Nothing page.

I’m sober, but it’s not very exciting starting over with my day count. So, I’m here, and I’m not drinking.
Correct Phoebe your here and thats what counts. So enjoy your decluttering today.
I'm going for my walk now on the south coast of Ireland, its dark its pouring sideways Irish rain because of the high winds and im actually looking forward to it. .
Old 02-19-2021, 11:54 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AL48 View Post
Correct Phoebe your here and thats what counts. So enjoy your decluttering today.
I'm going for my walk now on the south coast of Ireland, its dark its pouring sideways Irish rain because of the high winds and im actually looking forward to it. .
Enjoy that rainy walk, AL! When this pandemic struck, my husband’s cousin ended up “stuck” in a long quarantine in Ireland. She’d been on a sabbatical. She sent us all gorgeous pictures and video of her walks. Also, we’d had a vacation to Ireland all planned and paid up, and had to cancel it last July. Someday!
Old 02-19-2021, 12:36 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Enjoy that rainy walk, AL! When this pandemic struck, my husband’s cousin ended up “stuck” in a long quarantine in Ireland. She’d been on a sabbatical. She sent us all gorgeous pictures and video of her walks. Also, we’d had a vacation to Ireland all planned and paid up, and had to cancel it last July. Someday!
Back and soaked but worth it. Wont be any vacations this year over here either this year the government is starting to open quarantine hotels like New Zealand and Australia soon so no tourists. Its going to be a though year again for locals as my town really relys on tourism so hopefully if covid numbers go down we all will be staycationing at home again this year. Upside the french inlaws cant visit😂 (they are really nice but in small doses)
Old 02-19-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Evening / Morning.
hi all. starting day 5 without alcohol, day 2 with sleep. Sleep is so good.
Rolled out of bed and headed out for an hour's circuit around the rivers. It late summer here, days are clear and, for us, hot at high
20's into 30's. US looks awful on the teev...no power for 4 days.
AL48....here in Aus there is a lot of discussion about the usefulness of the quarantine hotels. In a number of instances they have not worked very well at all. Locally we've had a couple of attempted escapees. Elsewhere they've turned into virus hotspots themselves.
Tourism big here as well. While its very hard for dependent businesses.....many of us don't miss the hordes of visitors, the crazy driving etc..
Ok...sounds like we've got stuff to do....Phoebe tackling the basement....
I've got a long day's work doing drawings for nxt week. I have to start working consistently, daily. Instead of alternating work and booze binges. Enjoying the sober right now......but about 3 - 4 this afternoon? Could be different. Need a plan for the evening.
Later
Old 02-19-2021, 07:21 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I’ve noticed I carry a lot of resentments about things that happened years ago. I don’t know if because I just drank all the time I never gave myself the chance to process the emotions and I just postponed it or I just really hold on to grudges. Some of those resentments feel like they happened yesterday, but they happened years ago. It’s safe to say drinking didn’t allow me to work through the hurt I’ve felt from actions and words from other people.

I feel like I’m retraining my brain.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:40 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Morning all - 12:30pm here, so probably 5am where many of you are. Day 51 here - that's 51 days of no alcohol and no sun .
Old 02-20-2021, 04:48 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hello Feb team, Sounds like everyone is digging deep to keep to the path. Decluttering the physical and mental debris that drags us down. One thing at a time, one more day of freedom.

I have my covid shot today (2nd dose) that I need for working in a clinic. I got some worrisome family news yesterday, a diagnosis for my step-father. I'm glad to be clear-headed for whatever lies ahead. Lots of feelings.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Some sun for Enemdio and whoever needs it today. (Is that a sun?) Congrats on 51 days!

Old 02-20-2021, 05:44 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Yay re your 2nd covid shot dear siIversky!!
And prayers for your stepfather. s

And Iove to everyone
Old 02-20-2021, 06:53 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Enemdio View Post
Thanks, SS - exercise is one of the few things I have stuck with and it's been a lifesaver - doing the big ultras - Ironman triathlon and 30/40/50/60/100 mile trail runs means you do have to take time off booze both to train for and to complete the events. It's the periodic month off here and there - probably 4 months a year, that have stopped me really damaging myself. That said, I've done some pretty big stuff with some banging hangovers. I used to laugh that as I got further into the race, I was one of very few people who started to feel better, because my hangover was receding. dead weird but it seemed an advantage at the time
Congrats on the IM! I've only done a couple sprints--completing a full(or more) is a huge accomplishment. I get ya on being hungover while racing, I've done a few races, and long training runs like that. You kinda sparked an idea in my head that getting back to training for some type of race would be a very good idea, thank you.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

And...good morning(at least here) all!

Day 40 for me. It's finally sunny and not snowing here--yay! I had a crazy week work wise and am very glad it's the weekend. It's still so novel to wake up on a Saturday morning w/o a hangover and feel great. So awesome.

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 02-20-2021, 06:57 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Sorry about your stepfather, Sky. Sending healing vibes.

Good morning crew. Didn’t get too far on the decluttering before it was time to feed my 17yo. Today he and I will declutter our heads with much needed haircuts. It’s been several months for both of us.

A few flakes still coming down, but it was just a pretty snowfall, nothing heavy.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:21 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Sky, sorry to hear about your step-father diagnosis. If he is elderly and/or in a higher risk group for Covid, I wonder if he is a good candidate for the IV anti-body treatment from Eli LIlly (I can't post the link)?

Day 5 for me. Yesterday evening I was tired and feeling tense so went to bed quite early. This morning I awoke very early and I feel very energetic and in a good mood today. Hope that continues.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:26 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

I just love seeing people hitting all these amazing milestones! Gives me hope.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:21 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for the worrisome news Sky.

D
Old 02-20-2021, 01:22 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

All the best for your step dad Sky.
....was starting to wonder if everyone had upped and left from the Feb class.....

Made it through the long Saturday stretch, so day 6 kicking off here. Filled the day with a work project, a bit on a
hobby project, a Thai takeout and some crazy gangster movie that seemed to involve a young Johnny Depp
shooting dozens of hapless cops.
Then read for a while before zeds. How I love the zzzzzz

Have a good night /day....hope its not too cold for the US ppl.
Later
Old 02-20-2021, 04:36 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeteGibbons View Post
Day 5 for me. This morning I awoke very early and I feel very energetic and in a good mood today. Hope that continues.
This is great Pete. No matter what happens in the day, mornings are pretty nice. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts about my step-dad. His biopsy showed prostate cancer but hopefully there will be some good treatment options. Our family pulls together when needed so there's good support there. This is not a reason for me to drink.

I was able to take a rare nap this afternoon. Here's to good rest and better days for all.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:58 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a part 2
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-2-a.html

D