Notices

Class of September 2020

Old 09-19-2020, 02:30 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Erica375

Woke up early this morning so I decided to start my sobriety work, rather than try to go back to sleep. My ear is bothering me again. I had an ear infection and a perforated eardrum earlier this month. Was on antibiotics for a week.
Back to urgent care today, I guess. 😥
Old 09-19-2020, 02:34 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

^ Hope you're well again soon, Erica
Old 09-19-2020, 03:35 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Erica375

Thank you, Caramel.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Had a lie-in, and not having work to think about, I decided to take my pill late, just to see how quickly I started to feel a craving at my current dose of 2mg. I got to about 10am when I was walking the dog despite having taken yesterday's dose at 5am. So, hopefully, Monday's reduction in dose won't affect me too badly. If I can last until the evening, that'll be fine. I sleep OK, unless WDs have really set in.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erica375 View Post
Woke up early this morning so I decided to start my sobriety work, rather than try to go back to sleep. My ear is bothering me again. I had an ear infection and a perforated eardrum earlier this month. Was on antibiotics for a week.
Back to urgent care today, I guess. 😥
Oh gosh, how painful love.
Sorry you are not well again and yes, urgent care....or even tele appt....so much available right now. s ❤️

(And I must get your sobriety date....I keep forgetting t ask you).
Old 09-19-2020, 05:46 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Hi everyone.... may I join the class of September 2020?

My partner and I couldn’t make it and I have relapsed. Things got really bad really fast. And I’m worried about the trajectory i was on. The house is clear of all booze and cigarettes.

here I am. I’ve missed y’all
I was pretty thrilled to see you today dear Plenny. s xx ❤️

Welcome back love.....onward together. s ❤️
Old 09-19-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi Mathew.

You know, you might not have the scary withdrawals you are worried about....you are doing really well.
How many days is it now? s xx
Old 09-19-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good Saturday morn/afternoon.

Erica, I hope they can provide you some relief.

Day 2 After my one day mess up. So thankful each day provides a new opportunity to do over what needs to be made right. The sun is shining and it should be a beautiful day here in the Midwest. We have a small school picnic to attend this afternoon. Later, I plan on putting together a box of baked goods for my neighbor. They are hosting family who were displaced by hurricanes down south. Plus, her mom is terminally ill and also staying with them. I can’t believe what they’re going through. It’s time to take the focus off
me and start looking for ways to help others. The drinking me is so selfish.

Enjoy the day.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:10 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

You too dear Jewel. s ❤️
Old 09-19-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well, this has been a journey this month. I quit for 3 days, drank 2, made it to day 6, drank the last 3. Today is, yet another, day 1. I'm actually kinda glad i faltered this week, earthly in my recovery. As i lay awake in the middle of the night, heart pounding, feeling the shame, the guilt, thinking about what i haven't accomplished the last few days, the anxiety. Comparing the last 3 days to the 6 previous day's...i don't want to drink anymore. I liked waking up energized, being accountable, being present in my life, i felt proud for the first time in a long time, even thought about going back to school. I didn't even like drinking, which didn't stop me. So day 1, again, i think I'm finally ready.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:32 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Erica375

Big thank you to everyone for the concern. I went to urgent care and am waiting on the pharmacy for oral antibiotics and ear drops. I have a referral to an ENT. Yet I am feeling oddly defeated. I ALWAYS wear a mask in public and as a former CNA, I know darned well when and how to wash my hands. Hand washing is critical. Yet this is the third time in 2 months I've been on an antibiotic.
I thought when I got some sustained sobriety I'd be healthier. I don't feel healthy. I'm overweight and my ruined, pinned-together lower spine seems to hurt more and more each week.
Ok, now I'm just grousing. Time for some gratitude: I can still walk. It hurts, but I can do it. I have healthcare and access to the medication I need to heal my ear. I have a roof over my head and plenty of food. No wildfires or floods where I am. So, yeah, I will be ok.
If you read this far, thank you. I am going to try to have a good day, and I wish the same for all of you!
Old 09-19-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Oh Erica, so much love. s
You are brave and have a wonderful attitude. xxxx

Sometimes we go through a rough time health-wise.
And it is disheartening.
But you will get better....your ear will heal. s

And really good to see you dear Backtogood. s xx
Old 09-19-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hi Venus, Hi Dee, hi to everyone who welcomed me. I tried to catch up a lot on the thread, I see a lot of new faces and some familiar ones.

here I am again in a strange place (in a strange time) going through a breakup, scared and really stressed and sad, and I went really downhill for about a month. I was reminded by how quickly things can get bad.
My ex, who I still love, wanted to come to my new place to fix a couple things and I do need him to. I just didn’t want him to see me like this.

He’s been sober for one year. When we broke up I relapsed. I’ve been hiding since this time in August. Time to get clean and deal with my demons and the reality of this situation. I know I’ll get through it much better sober. It will take a few days to get through the initial anxiety. But I’ve been through this countless times. I know I’ll get through to the calmer place. The place where I get things done, save money, and am at peace with myself.

im praying I can keep myself above water this time
Old 09-19-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

You can love. You have support again now ~ I know that always helps me. s ❤️
Old 09-19-2020, 11:44 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Evening all,

Day 27 here and it's been quite a productive Saturday. I've been to see my family, the weather here has been really good today so we went for a walk, then cooked a curry. I somehow even managed to help fix a motorbike despite not having a clue what I was doing, so overall a pretty good Saturday. Just settling down for the night with some TV.

Plenny - welcome to the group . Sounds like you're going through a really tough time at the moment, but it's great that you brought yourself back here, sending positive thoughts your way ​​​​​​​
Old 09-19-2020, 11:46 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Sounds like a divine Saturday B. s
Old 09-19-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Erica for what it’s worth I have a theory that as drinkers our immune system runs overtime trying to keep us well, when we stop drinking we find that same immune system collapses in a heap, like a marathon runner after the race.

A lot of us get sick in early recovery. I know I did - but things can, do and will get better

D
Old 09-19-2020, 12:53 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those who don’t know we usually close threads with about 500 posts and immediately open up a part 2.

Join us here for part two of this thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D