Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 498

Old 08-26-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Twenty four more sober hours for me! Quarter to ten here. Happy hump day all!
Old 08-26-2020, 06:51 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Thank you Sober Leigh ♥️
Old 08-26-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours of sobriety!

7:08 PM in the forest.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hi,
My Ken is going to a play with the band public Gig this Saturday, reservations required, outside, masks & social distancing. His band members, particularly Ken’s good friend, doesn’t believe the “hype” about the Virus & doesn’t do the face mask, unless he HAS to. They did an outdoor wedding in June. I saw the photos ... ☹️☹️.

I’m seriously disappointed in my husband. He tells me & Mark ... Family First. Seeing this action tells me a different story. 😥 After arguments he finally agreed to stay at a hotel for 14 days, take the Test, if negative he can come home. No, we don’t have it financially .... so many things about this scream to me “it’s Wrong”!

It is not legal here in our County to have Live Entertainment, Karaoke or Dj’s at a restaurant. The place gets around that because the building & property are owned by the restaurant. THE Covid-19 Virus I guess knows ... oh, STAY AWAY... it’s ok legally.

I’m a lump inside where my heart should be, I just want to curl up & sleep. I can’t believe playing a gig is more important than us. But, he did before, so I guess I’m kinda waking up from denial.

I’m in for my next 24.

Bobbi
Old 08-26-2020, 08:38 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Went & saw a different chiropractor who got my # somehow & invited me in for Plantar Faciitis & Joint arthritis! Have to admit he did much better job than the one I’ve been seeing, but best part is pay what I can!👏
24 pls
Old 08-26-2020, 09:02 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Best for me, I'm loving life again.
Happiness is growing.
I love being sober.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:16 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Another one please
Old 08-26-2020, 10:45 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 6.45am
Old 08-26-2020, 11:48 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

7:48am, in again for 24.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Another 21 hours I pledge to be sober, this takes me to 4pm Friday where i will need to log in here again..
I have been cleaning since I got home from work today 2.5 hours ago, my stepson was cooking tea so I didn't have that to keep me occupied but cleaning has managed to do the trick..
Old 08-27-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more for me too.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:47 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IcedVoVo View Post
Great posts, Efra.

Just what I needed to hear. I’m reading over the reasons to stay sober. Sometimes I lose my enthusiasm for sobriety and that scares me. The ‘forgetting’ of all the gifts. So it’s 7:30 pm and I feel a Wednesday night meeting coming on! I think it was my boss happily discussing the increase of bars and boozy festivals in our downtown with our software vendor. I was on calls all day and that was during the last one. It didn’t make me want to drink. It made me feel like an outsider. Then, I finally logged out and felt off

From that to a pandemic evening at home. Saw the latest Gulf Hurricane news and thinking of people just 4 hours away dealing with that nightmare. I’m sad. It’s this ‘nowhere to go’ feeling. Do you know it? It means I need to talk to a sober alcoholic! Those feelings are real, but it’s not the way I want to keep looking at it. I need to look HERE. This direction. Towards good health. Life. Empathy. Maybe I can help. I have a rich full life like so many here. There’s that group out there that I used to be part of.. I see them at work sometimes. I see them on Facebook sometimes. Lots of effort goes into that shallow life of pretending to be cool and fun. Not feeling much, apathetic, living in a bubble. Waking up hungover. Being irritable until after lunch. It’s a bit like a haunting..it gets under my skin.

Good news: This week I feel like I made a new friend. A non-drinking one. A real friend. I’m thinking of that blessing.

I am so grateful to be with you on this path. Thank you for listening.

If you have ONE thing you can share with me, and with everyone..that you love about your sober life, could you share it? (Or ten things)

thank You

xxxxxx24
Thanks for your post VoVo ~ I also need reminders 'cause it's so easy to slip back into....here are just a few:

- Hangovers get worse as I get older.....I like waking up not hating myself & wondering what I did
- I'm able to save money
- I no longer surround myself with the wrong people
- I need to stay focused on my future; drinking will just pull me back
- I like being clear-headed & having a better appearance

Hope all are safe from the hurricane....as if there's not enough to be going through already....Sheesh!

(((Bobbi))) Sorry U r having such a hard time.....that must be really tough

Coffee and another 24 please
Old 08-27-2020, 03:31 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:31 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

I'm on day 4 today and ill take another 24. Thanks for the warm messages yesterday, it really meant a lot.

B
Old 08-27-2020, 04:05 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"Somewhere on your journey don't forget to turn around and enjoy the view." – Unknown

5:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

To day is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 08-27-2020, 04:20 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

7:19 am. 24 more sober hours please here in Louisviile. Off to get coffee.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

It's hard to single out just one thing I love about being sober @IcedVoVo , but I guess for me sobriety boils down to one simple word, freedom! No more dragging around the ball and chain of drinking, locked away in an alcoholic haze...
Old 08-27-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Hi,
My Ken is going to a play with the band public Gig this Saturday, reservations required, outside, masks & social distancing. His band members, particularly Ken’s good friend, doesn’t believe the “hype” about the Virus & doesn’t do the face mask, unless he HAS to. They did an outdoor wedding in June. I saw the photos ... ☹️☹️.

I’m seriously disappointed in my husband. He tells me & Mark ... Family First. Seeing this action tells me a different story. 😥 After arguments he finally agreed to stay at a hotel for 14 days, take the Test, if negative he can come home. No, we don’t have it financially .... so many things about this scream to me “it’s Wrong”!

It is not legal here in our County to have Live Entertainment, Karaoke or Dj’s at a restaurant. The place gets around that because the building & property are owned by the restaurant. THE Covid-19 Virus I guess knows ... oh, STAY AWAY... it’s ok legally.

I’m a lump inside where my heart should be, I just want to curl up & sleep. I can’t believe playing a gig is more important than us. But, he did before, so I guess I’m kinda waking up from denial.

I’m in for my next 24.

Bobbi
Darling Bobbi,

I don't think Ken thinks the gig is more important than you...I really don't.
No matter how upsetting this is, he loves you to the moon and back. s ❤️
Old 08-27-2020, 04:56 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I’m reading over the reasons to stay sober. Sometimes I lose my enthusiasm for sobriety and that scares me.
I appreciate all of the wonderful answers....the reasons that being sober is awesome.
But for me, it is simple. It is choosing between life and death. Emotional, spiritual and actual.
So it isn't a choice at all, ever. There is only gratitude for me. s xx ❤️
Old 08-27-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

24 more clean and sober hours please.