Notices

Class of April 2019 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-05-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2019 Support Thread Part 2

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...thread-20.html (Class of April 2019 Support Thread)

D
Old 05-06-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 3, feeling much better than my last attempt. I've hardly thought about a drink, and when I do, it's NOT accompanied by a craving! I know it's really early, I won't let my guard down.
I listened to a Craig Beck "Stop Drinking' hypo audio, last night, I'll keep listening to that, I'm very suggestable!

Last edited by littlejacket; 05-06-2019 at 09:24 AM. Reason: added a 'not'.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on day 3 littlejacket. Keep going. Day 33 for me. Had a busy bank holiday weekend took kids to parks and swimming. Husbands had a few beers but didn't feel like I wanted any. nice to read my books, with out that drunken haze. No hangovers.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How's it going, April shower? I've had a good weekend -- all cravings beaten, no drink taken. Today is day 8!
Old 05-07-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 13 for me. It's been nice to have some peace.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mariecheese View Post
Well done on day 3 littlejacket. Keep going. Day 33 for me. Had a busy bank holiday weekend took kids to parks and swimming. Husbands had a few beers but didn't feel like I wanted any. nice to read my books, with out that drunken haze. No hangovers.
Mariecheese (cute name!) I let myself get upset a little while ago, and got slammed with a craving. I almost felt 'justified' in having a drink! So I logged on here and read your words, 'nice to read my books without that drunken haze'. That stopped me in my tracks! I love to read in the evening before bed, but when I drink I'm always too fuzzy to read more than a few pages. And I have so many wonderful things I want to read. One of my favorite sayings is 'Too Many Books, Too Little Time'.
So
And congratulations on #33!!!
Old 05-08-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlejacket View Post
Mariecheese (cute name!) I let myself get upset a little while ago, and got slammed with a craving. I almost felt 'justified' in having a drink! So I logged on here and read your words, 'nice to read my books without that drunken haze'. That stopped me in my tracks! I love to read in the evening before bed, but when I drink I'm always too fuzzy to read more than a few pages. And I have so many wonderful things I want to read. One of my favorite sayings is 'Too Many Books, Too Little Time'.
So
And congratulations on #33!!!
Aw I'm so glad. It is really nice to just sit and read a book quietly and enjoy it. I had forgotten how much I enjoy reading. Its good distraction to take our minds off cravings. Definitely too many books! Day 35 today. Quite up and down feel good but then feel a lot of sadness . A feeling that its all hopeless. But it does pass. Was hoping to do some gardening today (another great distraction) but its freezing and wet so making myself a to do list for indoors instead.

Well done on the 8 days MarkstheSpot well will be 10 days now I think....... that first week is so rough.

Congrats on day 13 Tetrax I read your thread about going away for a few days and the bottle. I totally understood your thinking. I've done it myself, but ultimately ending up drinking it all!

Have a good day Aprils x
Old 05-11-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me. Doing well, and hoping everyone else is too! I'm hardly having any cravings. I came across a recipe I wanted to cook, but changed my mind when white wine was in the ingredients. Half a cup for the recipe and I probably would have drunk (drank?) the rest! A little too soon to test/tempt myself.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 8 littlejacket

D
Old 05-12-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey littlejacket well done on the day 8. I've been thinking of you. I always think cooking with alcohol is fine for me but my husband does most of the cooking so he will just put a can of ale in a stew or something and its fine but of there was a recipe for half a cup of wine I would definitely drink the rest! If im being honest.

I'm day 39 today and struggling a little. My 8 year old daughters friend has been round, ive took them to the park, done some baking, they have had pizza and jelly and icecream they have had a lovely time. I'm tired. Im reminding myself how much better I am sober and how much I have to be grateful for. I need to start a new book!

Also littlejacket I saw you're in the Alsace. Absolutely beautiful part of the world. I've been to Strasbourg too. Have a great day x
Old 05-12-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Isn't it amazing how our head goes to alcohol when we are tired.....just crazy.
Look at the great day you had....
And alcohol would just knock yo out now...ruin the rest of the evening.
A new book and a cup of herbal tea is a lovely idea.

And love to all of you
Old 05-12-2019, 10:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 18 for me, doing better as I'm constantly reminding myself alcohol is simply off the table. I don't wanna go back to that shell of a man I was a few weeks ago. And I know just one drink will take me right back there. Thanks all for posting.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

18 days, 39 days.....such beautiful numbers.

And lives change....all of ours. s
Old 05-12-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Marie and tetrax

D
Old 05-12-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey folks. Good to see so many of y’all doing well. I’m on day 14. Feeling pretty good, but have a three day fishing trip set up next weekend with some buddies. Will be a real test. On the one hand I’m sure there will be some questions as to why I’m not drinking, but on the other, the they will be happy to have a designated driver.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 2 weeks Bingo.

The fishing trip sounds like a bit of an undertaking - 3 days no escape - do you feel confident in your recovery to tackle it?

D
Old 05-13-2019, 01:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Not good here. All bad in every single way. Fell off the wagon in spectacular style, the fallout from which will continue for some time, I fear. It was frightening how fast I capitulated when temptation came my way, and then how deep I plunged, throwing them back like there was no tomorrow, almost as though I was *trying* to make everything go wrong.

And it did. Boy, did it. Two weeks of sober bliss -- being happy and together, sleeping well, feeling whole -- down the drain.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can try again Marks - maybe a better plan this time?

D
Old 05-13-2019, 02:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I will.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry you fell off the wagon Marks. My last two slips were like how yours sounded. For some reason I didn't learn from the first, hopefully I have from the second. I'm just now beginning to truly accept there's no way back to even slightly manageable drinking...