Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 438

Old 04-03-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad love....anyone who is busy.
It's wonderful!!! That was what we wanted yes? A full and rich life, one that we didn't believe was possible. And I LOVE this:

...all I can say is that you will never regret being sober. The other side, as you know, is full of all kinds of regret. Free yourself from that pain! You can do it.

So much love dear CYH....and how is that grandbaby coming along?
Old 04-03-2019, 05:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 04-03-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!

Awake61 ~ 1 week! ♥
Sunflowerlife ~ 1 year & 11 months! ♥
listae ~ 3 months! ♥
bandicoot2 ~ 3 years & 3 months! ♥
Delilah1 ~ 3 years & 3 months! ♥
Mark1014 ~ 4 years & 6 months!! ♥
Coldfusion ~ 6 years & 5 months! ♥
theVman31 ~ 4 months! ♥
Tynesider22 ~ 9 months! ♥
Canadian Koala ~ 2 years & 4 months! ♥
kenton ~ 2 years & 5 months! ♥
vanaprastha ~ 3 years & 8 months! ♥
Old 04-03-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24 more hours of recovery at 0900 Wisconsin Freeze Time. So glad to be home. Will post more later....staying close to the support I have...today.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Back to day 1 but at least I made myself come back. I'm not gonna drink for the next 24 hours. Glad you all are here.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday wonderful people!

Does anyone else ever feel like recovery is a bit like peeling an onion? You peel away one layer and then there's something else... and then you peel away that layer and then there's something else …. and then you peel away that layer and then there's something else etc. I feel like I'm doing really well, slowly settling into the real me. But stuff keeps coming up. And when it comes up, I think, 'where the heck did that come from?' And I guess the answer is that it's always been there but when I drank my emotions away I never took the time to notice
them and deal with them. So, the latest thing to pop into the emotional journey of me is some unexpected anxiety. I mentioned the other day that I'd emailed a complaint to the headmaster at my kid's school. I'm not a complainer. I hardly ever complain. But this time I did and I've been really quite anxious since Friday, waiting for his reply. Yesterday I saw that he sent me an email in reply and I literally had to psyche myself up for 5 minutes to get the courage to read it! I kept telling myself over and over, 'be strong like a lion.... be strong like a lion....' and then I read it. And of course it was ok. He was reasonable and understanding and the whole thing isn't a big deal and everything is ok. Great. So what was all that anxiety about?? I've been thinking about it a lot and I don't know why but I have a fear about speaking my truth. I literally feel like I'm going to be attacked in response. And I don't know why I'm like this..... not sure the reasons behind it really matter. All I know is that I have a deep rooted belief that everything is my fault and that therefore I have no right to complain. But I also have a deep rooted belief that it's important to stand up for what's important and so I do speak up..... but then I feel really anxious!! I think I used to drink every time I felt anxious and so I never really recognised this part of me before. Now that I do, I'm trying to support myself and reaffirm to myself that it's ok. I have a right to speak my mind. In a calm, reasoned way. And nothing bad will happen. I've written a mantra and stuck it on my bathroom mirror. It says, 'I help others when I speak my truth'. Hopefully this will help me to carry on being brave and also manage any subsequent fear. Isn't being human complex? Sometimes I wish I was my Labrador. He never seems to worry about anything. Other than running out of food. Thanks for letting me write this down. This is recovery in action. Love you all and 24 more for me please xxx
Old 04-03-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Back to day 1 but at least I made myself come back. I'm not gonna drink for the next 24 hours. Glad you all are here.
Very very glad to see you love. ♥♥
Old 04-03-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am the same as you kenton honey.....for different reasons....my mum was amazing and very loving, but I did so much damage for so many years that everything bad really was my fault. I created it all. And so it took me a long time to be able to speak my truth without fear of disapproval....we have every right to be heard. We are not doing bad stuff.....we are good people trying to do better all of the time....but but, well, just because I am not bad anymore doesn't mean that people will always respond well or nicely to me. Sometimes they do.....not always.

I think as the layers peel away we find more and more strength underneath.
One day at a time I am beginning to worry less about these things...one day I will be able to just say: 'your stuff, not mine' all of the time.

You are always awesome. Just saying.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats to all the folks hitting milestones!

In for another 24 hours please at 10:50 am.

Have a good day all!
Old 04-03-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Checking in early - will be a busy day today (heck - will be a busy week!). So 24 x 5 just in case.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi all I am here. its been rough again. Eddie Lee is having huge problems with his chest heart and now his hands are swelling. temper going and anger issues just over the top.. turn off your TV's
the hate that they are spewing to the crowd is terrible in so many ways.. and can harm your thoughts your process for life and your family that you love so much. turn it off . and try to find just something little that makes you smile laugh and enjoy the day a tiny bit..

why are we drinkers or taker of things to make us just not here.. it stops the sadness for a bit.. I miss my hubby his laughter the twinkle in his eyes. the mirth that we had the life that we had.. iam not sorry.
I miss the little of life that was not work. but happiness in huge hearts..
Old 04-03-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Love you so much needed your words of wisdom. and hope.. ardy

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am the same as you kenton honey.....for different reasons....my mum was amazing and very loving, but I did so much damage for so many years that everything bad really was my fault. I created it all. And so it took me a long time to be able to speak my truth without fear of disapproval....we have every right to be heard. We are not doing bad stuff.....we are good people trying to do better all of the time....but but, well, just because I am not bad anymore doesn't mean that people will always respond well or nicely to me. Sometimes they do.....not always.

I think as the layers peel away we find more and more strength underneath.
One day at a time I am beginning to worry less about these things...one day I will be able to just say: 'your stuff, not mine' all of the time.

You are always awesome. Just saying.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Ardy !
another 24 please
Babs
Old 04-03-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 04-03-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Posted this in another thread just want to tell everyone here too...I don't think I'm fooling myself about relapsing or my recommitting....I just learned traveling is full of temptations and I can't get overly tired, wired, hungry, and without a plan.

Is true...but I need to fess up. I had a great time in Atlanta this past week...but yesterday during a layover in Kansas City I was hungry, tired, and wired....no drinking but I picked up two butts off the sidewalk and smoked them which started and ended with two full cigarettes when I got home. I haven't bought a pack and I am committed to absolute nicotine abstinence. I went back on the Chantix I have about a month left. The puff did set up the following smokes and only by getting sleep, eating, taking all my meds, and recommitting to today have I stopped. So I am going to keep my counter going since I didn't buy a pack and I like the saving money stats. Need to stay close to my support and what has worked. Gregory
Old 04-03-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
Love you so much needed your words of wisdom. and hope.. ardy
Oh Ardy love, I am so sorry Eddie Lee is so unwell.....gosh, you just got through the car accident. I am praying that the doctors can help him....sending so much love. ♥♥
Old 04-03-2019, 11:06 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

(((wisc))) ♥

I smoke....just saying...I know I shouldn't, and it isn't a lot, but still....being able to do what you are doing is amazing. You are sober, and that is AWESOME....craving cigs is not fun and makes you feel bad, but please don't let this in any way make you forget how INCREDIBLY you are doing. ♥♥
Old 04-03-2019, 11:50 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks for remembering me today Suze!
It’s been a great day- picked my kiddo up from school and we went and played at the park. He prefered the beautiful, crystal clear stream to the playground and it was fun despite my anxiety of him falling into the cold water! I am learning to slowly let go of the things I cannot control like what my children do. It’s quite the journey!

I miss you all and am thinking of you.
I start my volunteer work tonight- I’ll be visiting a woman in the nursing home who requested Reiki. I met her last week- she also wants prayers and hymns so I’ll have to wing it as I go! I haven’t sung a hymn since high school.

Xoxo
Sunny
Old 04-03-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Evening venuscat and everyone else. I think I hit 10 months today. 24 more please!